Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-27-2014, 03:21 PM   #16
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry59 View Post
Not sure if that is it. I looked at the html debug output and the TOC url's look like this:
<div>
<blockquote><p class="calibre_123"><font face="ITC Berkeley Oldstyle Std" color="rgb(0,0,0)">
<a href="#filepos109187">Chapter 3: Sketching with Splines</a>
</font></p></blockquote>
</div>
no spaces in the links.
I'll play with it some more but I may just have to settle for having a mobi in my collection.

Thanks
I don't think this legal in EPUB

I see an Anchor, not a link (no href)
Code:
<a href="http://www.w3schools.com/html_links.htm#tips">
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 11:53 AM   #17
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I don't think this legal in EPUB

I see an Anchor, not a link (no href)
Code:
<a href="http://www.w3schools.com/html_links.htm#tips">
Mind rereading that "anchor"?

@perry59, are there any spaces in the filename itself (not in the link)?
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 01:24 PM   #18
perry59
perry59 began at the beginning.

Device: windows pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Mind rereading that "anchor"?

@perry59, are there any spaces in the filename itself (not in the link)?
Do you mean the filename of the book itself? No, the html file was named "CR!0XNG26NQVS5Q97678NTZ0SC7QRXE.html"
perry59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 11:35 AM   #19
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
I've been following this discussion, although I cannot say I've understood everything. But I noticed something and thought I would draw your attention to it:

Quote:
Do you mean the filename of the book itself? No, the html file was named "CR!0XNG26NQVS5Q97678NTZ0SC7QRXE.html"
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You'd have to ask the developers of Book Bazaar, but my gues is that they dont support spaces in filenames inside epub.
Maybe Book Bazaar does not support some or all symbols from being used in a filename?

Like I said, something that jumped out at me. It's a wild guess and I could be completely wrong.

Last edited by Sabardeyn; 07-05-2014 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Ooops! Forgot to state that I added emphasis (red color & bold) to both quotes to highlight the potential symbol problem.
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:35 PM   #20
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabardeyn View Post
I've been following this discussion, although I cannot say I've understood everything. But I noticed something and thought I would draw your attention to it:

Maybe Book Bazaar does not support some or all symbols from being used in a filename?

Like I said, something that jumped out at me. It's a wild guess and I could be completely wrong.
Definitely possible. There is an exclamation mark in the filename (come to think of it, I thought this always happens with MOBI-to-EPUB).

But I can't imagine that this is the first time anyone has tried to convert a MOBI and use it in this app, so it's confusing. Especially if other MOBIs work.

@perry59,

Try using the Edit Book feature in calibre (shortcut key is "T") to open the book and in editor's File Browser, select all HTML files, right-click and bulk rename them to something more sensible. It will handle all relinking. Save the book and try it in Book Bazaar.

If it works, you have a solution, albeit one that requires additional manual work for each book. And report the error to the app developer(s).

Last edited by eschwartz; 07-06-2014 at 11:38 PM.
Old 07-10-2014, 11:33 AM   #21
perry59
perry59 began at the beginning.

Device: windows pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Definitely possible. There is an exclamation mark in the filename (come to think of it, I thought this always happens with MOBI-to-EPUB).

But I can't imagine that this is the first time anyone has tried to convert a MOBI and use it in this app, so it's confusing. Especially if other MOBIs work.

@perry59,

Try using the Edit Book feature in calibre (shortcut key is "T") to open the book and in editor's File Browser, select all HTML files, right-click and bulk rename them to something more sensible. It will handle all relinking. Save the book and try it in Book Bazaar.

If it works, you have a solution, albeit one that requires additional manual work for each book. And report the error to the app developer(s).
That worked! thank you, thank you, thank you
I wonder why the html's got such weird names anyway? I'll be on the lookout for this sort of thing though and know how to fix it quick and easy!
perry59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 01:16 PM   #22
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:
That worked! thank you, thank you, thank you
I wonder why the html's got such weird names anyway? I'll be on the lookout for this sort of thing though and know how to fix it quick and easy!
It's named after the database record, I think... anyway, Kovid fixed the mobi-to-epub conversions here: https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...5db39e7da678a4 so auto-converted books shouldn't automatically fail on certain readers.