Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 12-03-2012, 09:45 AM   #31
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
No one's nominated FreeForAll yet? That would've been my fourth nom as I think March would be a good month for it.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:48 AM   #32
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I nominate Free for All!

That was my favourite category from last year, so many interesting options to choose from.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:50 AM   #33
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
I'll nominate Modern Fiction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
Based on the argument over adventure/travel can I use one of my nominations to cancel someone else's nomination for that? To get serious I will third major award winners, unless Caleb has already done that. I will third indie. I will nominate modern literature..
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
If John F and Hamlet can agree on the noms, I'll third modern fic/lit.
Tomato, tomahto, please consider these two merged, and with Issybird's vote, also now having a third. I must have been typing my post while John F was posting his.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:55 AM   #34
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
No one's nominated FreeForAll yet? That would've been my fourth nom as I think March would be a good month for it.
Might be better to replace Humour in April.

I'll nominate Non-fiction and Classics.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:58 AM   #35
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
A 3rd name is missing from The Mystery nomination, I assume it should have been mine, meaning I have 2 more votes.

With that in mind, I will 2nd "Free For All" and nominate "Fantasy".
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:55 AM   #36
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
OK, one of my votes was freed up, so I 3rd Free for all
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:51 AM   #37
tilia
Evangelist
tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K3
I will second Fantasy, and will also second Non-fiction.
tilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:38 PM   #38
fantasyfan
Wizard
fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, 4G, iPad Air 2, iPhone IE
I'll nominate Young Adult{again) and will third Fantasy.

It doesn't appear that anyone has nominated 'classic: so I'll use my third nomination to do so.

Last edited by fantasyfan; 12-03-2012 at 12:44 PM.
fantasyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:52 PM   #39
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
I nominate a "Lottery" month like the Literary Book Club has.

Their current (August 2012) rule was that anyone could enter their name to a list to select the book and the moderator would roll a random number to see which person on the list gets to select the book. The book would still need to follow the rule of not being selected before in order to be eligible. See this post for how the lottery works there.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:21 PM   #40
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
Might be better to replace Humour in April.

I'll nominate Non-fiction and Classics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasyfan View Post
I'll nominate Young Adult{again) and will third Fantasy.

It doesn't appear that anyone has nominated 'classic: so I'll use my third nomination to do so.
I still have one nomination left so I will make it three for classics.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:24 PM   #41
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
A 3rd name is missing from The Mystery nomination, I assume it should have been mine, meaning I have 2 more votes.

With that in mind, I will 2nd "Free For All" and nominate "Fantasy".
Opps! Fixed.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:34 PM   #42
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Don't forget to check behind me, folks. I think everythings's right now, but several pairs of eyes are better than one!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:01 PM   #43
colinsky
Addict
colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
I'll third(?) Non-Fiction. Would also successfully subsume some of the other suggestions such as "Biography".
colinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:15 PM   #44
medard
Wizard
medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Electronic Paper
Hm.. I think we need one more vote for Greek Philosophy..?

I would never try to persuade someone to vote for Greek Philophy. But.. Do you know what 'Platonic Love' really means? Some girls talk about this stuff on the phone sometimes: I really like you, let's stay 'platonic friends'..

Wouldn't it bee the coolest thing on earth to explain 'Platonic Love' to this girl in this situation? Well, of course we'd need to know what 'Platonic Love' exactly is. And Eros. And Friendship. It's only 50-70 pages.. Very easy to understand.. And free to download, of course.

But feel free to vote whatever you like. No need to vote for Greek Philosophy.
medard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:44 PM   #45
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by medard View Post
Hm.. I think we need one more vote for Greek Philosophy..?

I would never try to persuade someone to vote for Greek Philophy. But.. Do you know what 'Platonic Love' really means? Some girls talk about this stuff on the phone sometimes: I really like you, let's stay 'platonic friends'..

Wouldn't it bee the coolest thing on earth to explain 'Platonic Love' to this girl in this situation? Well, of course we'd need to know what 'Platonic Love' exactly is. And Eros. And Friendship. It's only 50-70 pages.. Very easy to understand.. And free to download, of course.

But feel free to vote whatever you like. No need to vote for Greek Philosophy.
Are you suggesting that Greek Philosophy is a single book of 50-70 pages? Seriously though, Philosophy (not just Greek) might make an interesting category. I still don't think that that as a category would likely garner enough votes to be end up being selected as the category for the month. Limiting it to Greek Philosophy would make it so specialized that I can't see that being voted in as a category at all. Recall that if that happened at least 10 ebooks would have to be nominated in that category. Now that I have made this observation maybe I will be proved wrong and March 2013 will be the Greek Philosophy month.

Actually what I am curious to see is if it will occur that with Mystery/Thriller in the running once more the same category as last year will be selected. It has already happened for the two months that had been reconsidered, though February was close.