Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-30-2011, 05:47 AM   #1
running
running will become famous soon enoughrunning will become famous soon enoughrunning will become famous soon enoughrunning will become famous soon enoughrunning will become famous soon enoughrunning will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle
command-line only e-book conversion

Hello,

I have quite a specific question.

I would like to install Calibre on my server to do automatic conversion of recipe files to amazon mobi (something like http://readbeam.com from this thread - https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=115879 )

the bad thing is - the server is on debian stable, and I don't want to change it

I can't install the whole calibre, because it depends on too many libraries that are not in stable and can't be easily installed. Well, why not be specific - I can't install podofo library, it depends on newer libstdc++ and I don't want to install unstable libstdc++

However, I don't want to convert from or to PDF, so I don't "need" podofo.

so, my question is, can I install only ebook-convert, and only the part that converts .recipe to .mobi?

(I suspect I most probably can't, but I have to ask here )

Last edited by running; 01-30-2011 at 05:48 AM. Reason: removing wrong "it"
running is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:09 AM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by running View Post
so, my question is, can I install only ebook-convert, and only the part that converts .recipe to .mobi?
No. You're also going to run into issus with Debian stable because ebook-convert requires you to have Qt installed.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, debian, install