Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 01-16-2012, 11:01 AM   #1
rjpawlak
Enthusiast
rjpawlak can load mercury with a pitchforkrjpawlak can load mercury with a pitchforkrjpawlak can load mercury with a pitchforkrjpawlak can load mercury with a pitchforkrjpawlak can load mercury with a pitchforkrjpawlak can load mercury with a pitchforkrjpawlak can load mercury with a pitchforkrjpawlak can load mercury with a pitchforkrjpawlak can load mercury with a pitchforkrjpawlak can load mercury with a pitchforkrjpawlak can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Nook STR and Nook Tablet
Technical, multicolumn PDFs on Nook Tablet

Hi all,

I didn't know whether to post this here or in Nook forum. For those that need to view multicolumn pdfs with equations and charts, EZPDF seems to work quite well. I found it easy to use to read one column, then the next, etc without much scrolling. It has some convenient onscreen controls for moving from column to column. And double tap zooms/unzooms very quickly.

The only things that are harder to display are PDFs from scanned documents, or those created from powerpoint, both of which may require scrolling (no surprise, I guess). These types of docs will still be a chore.

If you need the portability of a 7" device, and still want to read your journal papers, then this combo works pretty well.

The app is available in the B&N appstore, no rooting required. And no, I don't work for them - just didn't find much info on using the program for my application (technical PDFs).

Bob
rjpawlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:10 AM   #2
kammerer
Connoisseur
kammerer doesn't litterkammerer doesn't litter

Device: nook
For scanned double column documents you can also use Orion Viewer: it supports pdf and djvu files
kammerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2012, 05:57 PM   #3
rjpawlak
Enthusiast
rjpawlak can load mercury with a pitchforkrjpawlak can load mercury with a pitchforkrjpawlak can load mercury with a pitchforkrjpawlak can load mercury with a pitchforkrjpawlak can load mercury with a pitchforkrjpawlak can load mercury with a pitchforkrjpawlak can load mercury with a pitchforkrjpawlak can load mercury with a pitchforkrjpawlak can load mercury with a pitchforkrjpawlak can load mercury with a pitchforkrjpawlak can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Nook STR and Nook Tablet
Thanks for the tip - I'll check it out.

Bob
rjpawlak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
multicolumn, nook tablet, pdf