Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-04-2012, 11:10 PM   #46
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
I alredy had the information to do the hard reset! I just couldnt phy do it! My RANT as you put it WAS a Warning! MR is not the Only Forum you know...well maybe some dont! LOL Its Amassing to me how many on here mobileREADS Cant READ! To bad you know more about Techy things BUT Nothing about People!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:33 PM   #47
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
I was more fortunate I guess. The Sony PRS-300 (my very first ereader) I purchased several years back on eBay was factory reset for me by the seller.

Very glad you resolved the reset issue and you can use your new ereader.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:33 PM   #48
BWinmill
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
I alredy had the information to do the hard reset! I just couldnt phy do it! My RANT as you put it WAS a Warning! MR is not the Only Forum you know...well maybe some dont! LOL Its Amassing to me how many on here mobileREADS Cant READ! To bad you know more about Techy things BUT Nothing about People!
If you don't want to go through the hassle of doing a factory reset, that's fine. Most of us understand that some people don't know about factory resets, and some devices have a factory reset process that is frustrating to the most technically literate and patient among us.

The thing is, your original post would have been better received if it read: "I just bought a used Sony T1 and the seller won't remove it from her account. What can I do?" (Posting it to the Sony subforum would help too!) Even your original complaint may have been more justifiable if you specified the brand and model of ereader.

It has nothing to do with reading comprehension, nor with "geeks" not understanding people. Most of us can read perfectly well and understand people perfectly well. It's just that the content and tone of the message often determines the response to the message.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:44 AM   #49
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
I would like to weigh in here also, as I believe it is not helpful to use words like "rant". I suspect that English is not Katie1's first language, and I think that a person in that situation can sometimes come across as a bit abrupt without intending to be.

I would like to second Wald07 - a bit more kindness and support would go a long way in helping newer members, especially those who aren't technically savvy and/or who are trying to express something in a foreign language. I hate to think how badly I would come across if I was trying to post in French or German for example!

Last edited by Bookpossum; 09-05-2012 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Left off Wald07's final digit!
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:56 AM   #50
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I Org put this in the Flea Market in hopes to warn others about buying Used then Not getting the Org Owner to De-Reg it! Year Make Model had NOTHING to do with it! I WAS NOT ASKING FOR ADVICE!! IF You had Bothered to READ the posts You would hve Seen that the Mods moved it! I Do Appreciate those of you who were Nice about it!

BTW WV IS in the USA!
Old 09-05-2012, 02:34 AM   #51
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
So, Katie1, your point is? That you speak and write english, and you are entirely happy to sort out your own problems without help from this forum?
That's all right then. We can stop being nice.
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:46 AM   #52
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Quote:
Originally Posted by piperclassique View Post
So, Katie1, your point is? That you speak and write english, and you are entirely happy to sort out your own problems without help from this forum?
Maybe my warning will help some one else

Old 09-05-2012, 03:15 AM   #53
laughingdragons
Groupie
laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350 1 Pink 1 Silver Paperwhite Kindle
Until Katie can get it fixed can't she order books from kobo and transfer them through ADE?

I rarely buy books from the sony store
laughingdragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:33 AM   #54
Format C:
Guru
Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad + PRS-505 + Kindle 3
Quote:
I have contact Sony several times. They just say IF its a Legal Sale She should de-activate it from her account. At this point I wonder IF they think I stole it! YES she should return my money & take it back IF she regretting selling it.
Send her an email with a rootkit, hack into her computer and do it yourself.
Or, while you're at it, buy a new Sony with her credit card...
Format C: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:13 AM   #55
DarkScribe
Apprentice Curmudgeon.
DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Touch, Paperwhite, Sony, and Nook.
Quote:
Originally Posted by piperclassique View Post
Every time I look at your avatar I feel an urge to pour myself a drink. I wonder why?
DarkScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:32 AM   #56
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkScribe View Post
Every time I look at your avatar I feel an urge to pour myself a drink. I wonder why?
Me too, but for some reason it's more powerful in this thread.....

soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:43 AM   #57
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Format C: View Post
Send her an email with a rootkit, hack into her computer and do it yourself.
Or, while you're at it, buy a new Sony with her credit card...
That should work.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:34 AM   #58
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Quote:
A warning on what? How not to do things? Many many many people around here are able to buy used products without a problem.

Quote:
I Org put this in the Flea Market in hopes to warn others about buying Used then Not getting the Org Owner to De-Reg it! Year Make Model had NOTHING to do with it! I WAS NOT ASKING FOR ADVICE!! IF You had Bothered to READ the posts You would hve Seen that the Mods moved it! I Do Appreciate those of you who were Nice about it!

BTW WV IS in the USA!
The owner isn't needed to deregister it. That is the long and the short of it. The same exact process is used to deregister the device, whether done by the former owner or by the new owner.

Part of the reason why people are taking umbrage with you is due to your attitude on the matter. You seem overly angry over something that shouldn't be a big deal. A few people tried assuming it was a misunderstanding, or miscommunication, to give you the benefit of the doubt. Now, you're unleashing more vitriol towards those same people. You claim that we don't know "about people", but the same could be said for you. You get more flies with honey than vinegar.

As far as the comment about you being a non-english native, that is probably due to your writing style. You have a fair amount of typos, randomly capitalized words, and misspelled words. If you were English second language, that would further help the argument that this all started with a misunderstanding. Also, while your profile does state that you're currently in West Virginia, that does not mean you were born or raised there. My soon to be father-in-law lives here in the US, but was not born or raised here. That's one of the lovely things about our nation, you don't have to be born here to be an American.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:10 AM   #59
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
I can understand her feelings of frustration. I suppose the "warning" is good even for those who have or have not had bad experiences buying a personal sale second-hand.

I've been burned in the past by sellers who didn't deliver on their end, and/or were unwilling to help the customer out in SOME way when foibles happen. Most of my experiences buying from people have been good, and it's been a trustworthy, drama-free experience. Most people do just want to offload their extras and recoup some cost, but some don't want to be bothered with making it a good deal.

I'd be a bit on the ranty side too if I had the same experienced with a pre-owned digital device. I would want the slate wiped clean and anything associated with it to be all mine.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:33 PM   #60
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
Quote:
Can't possibly imagine. Just do what your heart requires. Cheers!
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote