Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-21-2006, 10:05 AM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Talking Most expensive Reader?

I live in the UK, and the only way I could buy a Reader was at a "premium" price on eBay. Here's what I paid:

Reader: US$450
Shipping from the US to the UK: US$35
Import and other duties: US$130

Grand total: US$615

Have I got the world's most expensive Reader?

... but worth every penny!

Cheers,

Harry.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 01:36 PM   #2
Detour
Lurker
Detour has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Reader PRS 500/505 (blue) / iPhone / Kindle (gave away)
Bought mine on eBay, too. Paid a total of 616.41. I agree, worth every penny!
Detour is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2006, 02:34 PM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
$600+ is a lot of money for an e-book reader... I am glad find it worth it!
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 11:10 PM   #4
Lin
Lin began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
In case there are others out there who live outside the US and haven't gotten theirs yet, I've noticed that http://www.jr.com accepts int'l credit cards as well as money orders. And except for orders shipped to NY, they don't charge sales tax. I guess you would only have to pay $349.99 + $5.40 shipping

They don't ship internationally though. But there are services available in many countries that offer you an address in the US, and for a fee they forward your mail/packages to your country. In my case, the fee is rather small (for the reader it shouldn't be more than $30-$50 including import duties).
Lin is offline   Reply With Quote