Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-15-2013, 07:10 AM   #1
lcelliot
lcelliot began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch
Footnotes on Kobo android app

I'm probably just being an idiot not being able to figure this out! When I tap on a footnote, it takes me to the footnote, but then I can't seem to get back to the text of the book. When I touch either side of the screen, it takes me to the next footnote. I end up having to log out of the app, then back in or going to the table of contents to get back to my place in the book. Anyone know what i'm doing wrong?
lcelliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:43 PM   #2
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Android's Back button, most likely, is what you need to use.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2013, 11:11 AM   #3
canoneosrebel425
canoneosrebel425 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.canoneosrebel425 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.canoneosrebel425 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.canoneosrebel425 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.canoneosrebel425 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.canoneosrebel425 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.canoneosrebel425 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.canoneosrebel425 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.canoneosrebel425 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.canoneosrebel425 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.canoneosrebel425 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I think Apple is now pushing the limits as far as they can — I am curious how long this is going to work for them. Opening a browser to buy a book while you could have done it in-app is stupid. Monopoly is being built here.
canoneosrebel425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:35 AM   #4
lcelliot
lcelliot began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Gumby View Post
Android's Back button, most likely, is what you need to use.
No, the back button just gets you to the previous footnote.
lcelliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:53 AM   #5
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Yeah, I mean that you'd have to back button through all the footnotes you just went through via tapping and being sent to the next one.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2013, 11:18 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by canoneosrebel425 View Post
I think Apple is now pushing the limits as far as they can — I am curious how long this is going to work for them. Opening a browser to buy a book while you could have done it in-app is stupid. Monopoly is being built here.
What on Earth does this have to do with Apple?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote