Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: What shall be our category for October 2013?
Fantasy 8 25.81%
Young Adult 10 32.26%
Free For All 10 32.26%
Philosophy 8 25.81%
Biography/Memoir 9 29.03%
Humor 9 29.03%
MobileRead Authors 8 25.81%
Short Stories 10 32.26%
Horror 11 35.48%
Patricia Clark Memorial Library (MobileRead Library) 15 48.39%
Planes, Trains and Automobiles (and boats) 8 25.81%
Science 14 45.16%
Modern Literature 8 25.81%
Classics 11 35.48%
Mythology 14 45.16%
Speculative Fiction 8 25.81%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-04-2013, 11:27 AM   #1
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
October 2013 *Category* Poll

The above poll contains your nominations for the October 2013 category. This visible poll is multiple choice and will be open for 5 days.

The story thus far:
Quote:
The 2013 MobileRead Book Club Monthly Categories
  • January: Second Chance No nominations this month. The polls will be comprised of selections that either came in second place or tied for second place during the previous 11 months.
  • February Romance
  • March Travel/Adventure
  • April Classics
  • May Mystery/Thriller
  • June Award Winners
  • July Non-Fiction
  • August Science Fiction
  • September Banned or Challenged Books

For reference and comparison purposes only, here are the 2012 Categories:
Spoiler:
  • January — RunnerUp (No nominations, a vote of all the runners-up nominations from the last 11 months.)
  • February — Romance
  • March — Thriller/Suspense
  • May — Humour
  • May — Fantasy
  • June — Classic
  • July — Mystery/Crime
  • August — FreeForAll
  • September — NonFiction
  • October — Horror
  • November — Science Fiction
  • December — Classic
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:45 AM   #2
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Usually I miss the vote completely, but thanks to Nyssa's reminder, I was first! Seemed like a good time to take another shot at participating in MRBC.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2013, 11:47 AM   #3
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I voted. I should be done my reading list by October so I voted for what I deemed fun topics since I'll probably be a little beaten down by elbow-patch books.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:53 AM   #4
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Usually I miss the vote completely, but thanks to Nyssa's reminder, I was first! Seemed like a good time to take another shot at participating in MRBC.
Glad to help! Hope you decide to rejoin.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:56 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I've voted and I hope one of my choices does win.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2013, 12:00 PM   #6
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
We all hope one of our choices wins, or else we wouldn't bother voting! You kill me Jon. Good Luck! Hopefully, the winner will be something we both like.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:10 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
We all hope one of our choices wins, or else we wouldn't bother voting! You kill me Jon. Good Luck! Hopefully, the winner will be something we both like.
What I'm meaning is that what I didn't vote for can lose and one of what I did vote for can win.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:12 PM   #8
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So far I'm on my own for Short Stories and Planes Trains and Automobiles (and boats), but I'm with the leaders in Fantasy, Young Adult and Mythology.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:47 PM   #9
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
I'm with you on Short Stories.
If I had had only one vote it would have been Science, but I did vote for few more now that I could.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:03 PM   #10
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
With Jon, you never know.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=45
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:06 PM   #11
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I see your point!
Old 03-04-2013, 03:34 PM   #12
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
I'm in for short stories, that would be a great category.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:07 PM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Before you vote for Patricia Clark Memorial Library, think about where you live. If you live in a life+70 country (such as the US), not all of the eBook are available legally to you. You have to know which are legal before you nominate and also before you download.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:14 PM   #14
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Ouch, even with this little limitation there are sooo many books available in the MobileRead library that I'm sure we won't be short of interesting nominations.

But for me it's better not to think about where I'm living - I am afraid you all don't want to read one of the many great German books available!
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:32 PM   #15
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer

Five-way tie, five-way tie, five-way tie!!!

Well, it's not that yet, but it's close.