Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-24-2012, 12:34 PM   #1
ldwb
ldwb began at the beginning.

Device: none
ADE Authorization?

Do not have an ereader. Leaning towards Sony T1. If I authorize it with ADE will it still be compatible with and usable with Caliber?
ldwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:54 PM   #2
LuvReadin
Addict
LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and Cool-ER
Yes. I have a T1, use it all the time with Calibre, and when I want to download a library book, grit my teeth and use ADE. There's a similar thread related to library borrowing, which reminded me of the fact that it was a bit of a faff to set up, so if you do want to use the T1 with ADE for library books, the story of my faffing might help! https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=163145
LuvReadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2012, 02:25 PM   #3
LuvReadin
Addict
LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and Cool-ER
Oh, as someone pointed out on the similar thread, when you 'download' a file with ADE, you first get a .acsm file, which is not the real file, it's just a sort of 'ticket'. You need to click 'open' rather than 'save' for this file, and ADE then opens and downloads the real file.
LuvReadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:06 PM   #4
ldwb
ldwb began at the beginning.

Device: none
Just followed you link LuvReadin. Very informative. Thanks for the information.
ldwb is offline   Reply With Quote