Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-12-2011, 03:10 PM   #1
arnoldajr
arnoldajr began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS600
Smile How to edit drop down menus

I have been very busy add books to my library and cleaning up metadata. My question is how do i delete bad information from the drop down menus.

example: I have for the Author 'J. K. Rowling' the following errors, J. K., J.K. Rowling, J. k. I wish to delete the ones in error. Is there a cool way to get the Library Management software to rebuild the drop downs based on what is in the library??

In any case is there a way to clean up the drop downs, Author(s), Series??

Thank you

Arnold
arnoldajr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 03:28 PM   #2
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
The dropdowns are filled with values from your library. As soon as you rename all occurrences of that author/series, it will no longer appear in a dropdown.

You may want to use the tag browser on the left hand side to rename your series. For authors, you could do similar, or perhaps use the Manage Authors dialog (a menu option when you right click on the Authors heafing in the tag browser).
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2011, 04:17 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnoldajr View Post
I have been very busy add books to my library and cleaning up metadata. My question is how do i delete bad information from the drop down menus.

example: I have for the Author 'J. K. Rowling' the following errors, J. K., J.K. Rowling, J. k. I wish to delete the ones in error. Is there a cool way to get the Library Management software to rebuild the drop downs based on what is in the library??

In any case is there a way to clean up the drop downs, Author(s), Series??

Thank you

Arnold
As Kiwidude says. If it is in a dropdown, It exists somewhere in your library.
IMHO the easiest place to spot and fix, is the Tag browser:
Select the first appearance. Hold the control key and select each of the other variations. (all should have a red + sign)
Now click the blue "i" (bulk edit metadata) and change the author, series... to the desired one.
Note: changing a series name this way, will renumber them (take series order notes before hand)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 05:11 PM   #4
arnoldajr
arnoldajr began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS600
Thank you all very much you have pointed me to the area and with a little exploring i got it. A.
arnoldajr is offline   Reply With Quote