Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-23-2011, 12:14 PM   #76
luvydovie40
luvydovie40 doesn't litterluvydovie40 doesn't litterluvydovie40 doesn't litter

Device: NookColor & Sony 505 & Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvydovie40 View Post
When using Moon+ Reader Pro --- if I click on the Import button from the 'My Shelf' tab - The Import pop up comes up. On this screen, it has various 'selections' with two already checked. Unfortunately, I'm unable to see what these 'selections' represent. Does anyone know what these selections do?

(Specifically, there are 5 selection boxes with 2 already 'checked')

Thanks for your time!!
Sent my question directly to Moon+ Reader -- and received a quick reply. The five selection boxes represent the following (in order):

epub, fb2, umd
html, txt

So, looks like you can import books within directories based on specific file type....

fyi...
luvydovie40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 02:08 PM   #77
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvydovie40 View Post
Sent my question directly to Moon+ Reader -- and received a quick reply. The five selection boxes represent the following (in order):

epub, fb2, umd
html, txt

So, looks like you can import books within directories based on specific file type....

fyi...
Thanks. I was curious about that also.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2011, 05:44 PM   #78
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Purchased Moon+ Reader Pro

Thanks to the developer(s) for incorporating feedback from users!

Footnote support in epubs now. Easy way to return to last reading position. Return icon stays on screen, unlike stock reader app! I was using Aldiko for my books with footnotes. Bye, bye Aldiko.

Annotations that include underline and crossout. Didn't realize these options are available (within highlight) due to the white on white text on the NOOKcolor. Easy bulk export of annotations to Evernote.

As mentioned in a previous post, bold/italic font rendering (epubs) fixed.

Social network sharing. I normally share using Tweetdeck.

Old 04-05-2011, 01:26 PM   #79
Rayven01
Nevermore
Rayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Nook, Nook Color, Stanza(iphone)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
As mentioned in a previous post, bold/italic font rendering (epubs) fixed.
Unless you use justified or hyphenated mode. It changes the font to generic sans serif for the bold/italic sections with either of those enabled. I have an email in to the developer to see if he can fix it.
Rayven01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 01:28 PM   #80
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayven01 View Post
Unless you use justified or hyphenated mode. It changes the font to generic sans serif for the bold/italic sections with either of those enabled. I have an email in to the developer to see if he can fix it.
I previously encountered this, as I always justify. I no longer have this issue. I did have to "clear out" the books I was presently reading in order to see a change.

Last edited by SCION; 04-05-2011 at 01:31 PM.
Advert
Old 04-05-2011, 02:00 PM   #81
Rayven01
Nevermore
Rayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Strange.. I definitely know it's not cached copies of books as it happens when I initially load a new book.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:29 PM   #82
Rayven01
Nevermore

The developer replied and is aware of the problem:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon+ Developer
the justified and hyphenation mode work with different drawing procedure from the standard mode, it doesn't work well enough currently, I still need to improve them.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:33 PM   #83
Apoc
Connoisseur
Apoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-books

Device: NookC with CM7 (eMMC)
The only reason that I don't buy this reader, is because I canot get it to display all the book covers. Out of 100 books or so, I can only see a handfull. 4, I think. I don't know enough about the ePub format to campare them but they are all publisher books, some with DRM removed. Calibre can see the covers but not Moon+. I am stumped.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 07:28 PM   #84
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
The only reason that I don't buy this reader, is because I canot get it to display all the book covers. Out of 100 books or so, I can only see a handfull. 4, I think. I don't know enough about the ePub format to campare them but they are all publisher books, some with DRM removed. Calibre can see the covers but not Moon+. I am stumped.
The latest version of Moon + (1.2.21) supposedly fixes this issue. See the update notes.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:43 PM   #85
emt
Nameless Being

Still Using Coolreader but...

have had a few issues - posted a message to the dev but no answers. Does anyone know if the dev is still supporting Coolreader? I find it very customizeable and the swiping to control brightness is great.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:33 AM   #86
Apoc
Connoisseur
Apoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-books

Device: NookC with CM7 (eMMC)
Quote:
The latest version of Moon + (1.2.21) supposedly fixes this issue. See the update notes.
Thank you for the heads up! I'll check it out right way.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 06:03 PM   #87
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by emt View Post
Does anyone know if the dev is still supporting Coolreader?
Yup, in fact Buggins just uploaded cr3-0-45-07.apk to the Android Market less than two hours ago.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:54 PM   #88
mxrodriguez
Enthusiast
mxrodriguez is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook, NookColor
I just updated and re-rooted NookColor and in the process I wiped all my data.
Im downloading all my apps again and I noticed something different in my favorite ereader app. Nook for Android.

I cant seem to find where to open the books i have on my SD card. Previously, when I opened the app the home screen would have 6 big buttons that have the options to go to 'My files', 'My Library','Shop', etc. Now when I open Nook for Android it goes to my online library at BN.com and only seems to give me the option to read from there or shop for new titles.

I must be having a brain fart.. but how do I get back to reading my locally stored ebooks from the Nook for Android app?
mxrodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:01 PM   #89
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxrodriguez View Post
I just updated and re-rooted NookColor and in the process I wiped all my data.
Im downloading all my apps again and I noticed something different in my favorite ereader app. Nook for Android.

I cant seem to find where to open the books i have on my SD card. Previously, when I opened the app the home screen would have 6 big buttons that have the options to go to 'My files', 'My Library','Shop', etc. Now when I open Nook for Android it goes to my online library at BN.com and only seems to give me the option to read from there or shop for new titles.

I must be having a brain fart.. but how do I get back to reading my locally stored ebooks from the Nook for Android app?
The books need to placed in the NOOK / My Documents folder on your storage card. If they're there already, try syncing within the app or perhaps log out and log in again to trigger the recognition of those files. Someone else mentioned they had to go into a book and then when they went to My Files the sideloaded books appeared.

Last edited by SCION; 05-26-2011 at 04:03 PM.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:12 PM   #90
mxrodriguez
Enthusiast
mxrodriguez is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook, NookColor
Quote:
The books need to placed in the NOOK / My Documents folder on your storage card. If they're there already, try syncing within the app or perhaps log out and log in again to trigger the recognition of those files. Someone else mentioned they had to go into a book and then when they went to My Files the sideloaded books appeared.
That's the problem..
I dont have the "My Files' option.
My books are in the My Documents folder though.

I know Im doing something wrong...
Am I downloading the correct app? I got it from the market.
mxrodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote