Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-28-2010, 02:05 PM   #1
Dakhma
Dakhma began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS600BC Reader Touch Edition
Blio released

Visit blio.com to download Blio for Windows!

Dakhma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 02:15 PM   #2
Ignatz Mouse
Zealot
Ignatz Mouse doesn't litterIgnatz Mouse doesn't litterIgnatz Mouse doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Touch, Galaxy Note
Done !

Superb ( but supports only XPS and ePub formats )

If I remember well, they announced in February that Blio could read more formats like PDF or Word ( Doc and RTF )

There are thousands of free ePub books in french ( free of rights like Jules Verne or Conan Doyle, HG Wells ) and that's good.

Ignatz Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2010, 02:28 PM   #3
weateallthepies
Lord of the Pies
weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Sage, Onyx Boox Leaf 2, iPad Pro
No way of actually opening an epub book though unless I can't find it. I played with a beta a while back and there was some sort of import option (which wasn't working) but it looks like it's not even there now.
weateallthepies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 03:12 PM   #4
Backdraft
Backdraft began at the beginning.

Device: Android + Aldiko
Yeah whats up with that, why can't I import my own ePub/PDF books?
Backdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 03:19 PM   #5
Dakhma
Dakhma began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS600BC Reader Touch Edition
agree...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backdraft View Post
Dakhma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2010, 04:26 PM   #6
Yarrow
Enthusiast
Yarrow began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500& PRS505; iPad; and Kindle
Locked in software to proprietary file format (in this case xps) will never succeed.
Yarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 04:48 PM   #7
jforrest711
jforrest711 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Not sure what to make of the EULA:

"SOFTWARE DATA COLLECTION AND MONITORING
The SOFTWARE contains features which may allow KNFB and/or third parties to collect data from, control and/or monitor computers and devices running or interacting with the SOFTWARE. You hereby consent to such activities. KNFB's current privacy policy is located at www.blioreader.com"

No policy to be found on the website.
jforrest711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:36 PM   #8
Tom Swift
Addict
Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (plus lots of older devices)
No Apple formats, North America only, locked down system. Good thing they have learned nothing from the past. Sigh.
Tom Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:59 PM   #9
Clancy_s
Zealot
Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Not being in US I won't even bother trying at the moment.

I use the Calibre viewer as a reader when I need one on my pc, it'll cope with a wide range of formats and you can run it by itself, without the main program
Clancy_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:48 PM   #10
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backdraft View Post
You do realize that after you get it into the Blio system, it becomesK-Read's property? And that by installing Blio you agree to allow K-Read to have complete snooping authority on your system? And that K-Read reserves the right to disallow you access to your purchases if you even backop yhem more often than K-Read likes - and no, K-Read will not tell you what that limit is.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 03:12 AM   #11
Backdraft
Backdraft began at the beginning.

Device: Android + Aldiko
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
You do realize that after you get it into the Blio system, it becomesK-Read's property? And that by installing Blio you agree to allow K-Read to have complete snooping authority on your system? And that K-Read reserves the right to disallow you access to your purchases if you even backop yhem more often than K-Read likes - and no, K-Read will not tell you what that limit is.

Derek
Nope, didn't know that. After first hearing about it I was mainly excited that Blio was going to handle both ePubs and PDFs and had support for the Android platform, which potentially means I didn't have to use two apps (Aldiko and a PDF reader) for reading books on the Android device.

After initially trying out Blio, I'm gonna stick with Calibre.
Backdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 02:49 PM   #12
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
I know that the thread is old, but I just wanted to say that I bought a new laptop last week and it came with Blio preinstalled. I haven't played with it yet, and after reading the thread, I'm wondering if I should.
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:54 AM   #13
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Personally, I would stay the hell away from it.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 05:59 AM   #14
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
On the bright side, maybe this will advertise ebooks more.
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blioreader