Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.32%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.19%
haven't used yet 209 56.49%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-17-2012, 02:40 PM   #856
thermopyle
Enthusiast
thermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle
Any ideas on why I can't see MOBI files in Duokan Lite? They are supposed to work, correct?
thermopyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:53 PM   #857
Noope
Noope can extract oil from cheeseNoope can extract oil from cheeseNoope can extract oil from cheeseNoope can extract oil from cheeseNoope can extract oil from cheeseNoope can extract oil from cheeseNoope can extract oil from cheeseNoope can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3 Keyboard 3G
Smile

hey, i have a big problem, I installed duokan evrything worked fine, both kindle os and duokan too, then i installed swich between os via launch pad thing, I boot in Kindle OS than tried to go to duokan wiht shift d e keys and i got failure and some error, than i tried restart with swiching power button green start flashing realese than i get a blan white screen. Pls help.

Edit: Hard reset slowed my problem. I installed the old version of launch pad ini. Now its worked fine. Sry for my panic.

PS. Lauchpad clean install method works fine.

Last edited by Noope; 11-17-2012 at 03:46 PM.
Noope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:30 AM   #858
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
I have a quick question for you guys?
How can one get an account/email @iduokan.com ?

Also, does anyone know of a way to divide the screen (let's say when reading PDF) vertically? Right now, it just gives dividing to 4 segments (by 1->2->3->4 orders) and dividing horizontally.

Last edited by thatworkshop; 11-18-2012 at 01:03 AM.
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:25 AM   #859
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermopyle View Post
Any ideas on why I can't see MOBI files in Duokan Lite? They are supposed to work, correct?
And I can see my mobi books in home screen, but when I open, they are blank!
I have latest Duokan from date: 2012-11-16
Old 11-18-2012, 04:58 AM   #860
davidjpatterson
davidjpatterson can illuminate an eclipsedavidjpatterson can illuminate an eclipsedavidjpatterson can illuminate an eclipsedavidjpatterson can illuminate an eclipsedavidjpatterson can illuminate an eclipsedavidjpatterson can illuminate an eclipsedavidjpatterson can illuminate an eclipsedavidjpatterson can illuminate an eclipsedavidjpatterson can illuminate an eclipsedavidjpatterson can illuminate an eclipsedavidjpatterson can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by cscat View Post
And I can see my mobi books in home screen, but when I open, they are blank!
I have latest Duokan from date: 2012-11-16
Mobi works straight away for me on 12-11-09 and 12-11-16
davidjpatterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:47 AM   #861
thermopyle
Enthusiast
thermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-booksthermopyle has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjpatterson View Post
Where are you getting these versions? The website only has to 2012.01.14.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:10 PM   #862
davidjpatterson
davidjpatterson can illuminate an eclipsedavidjpatterson can illuminate an eclipsedavidjpatterson can illuminate an eclipsedavidjpatterson can illuminate an eclipsedavidjpatterson can illuminate an eclipsedavidjpatterson can illuminate an eclipsedavidjpatterson can illuminate an eclipsedavidjpatterson can illuminate an eclipsedavidjpatterson can illuminate an eclipsedavidjpatterson can illuminate an eclipsedavidjpatterson can illuminate an eclipse

Quote:
Where are you getting these versions? The website only has to 2012.01.14.
As posted 2 pages ago

Quote:
I've always been unable to get the light version to complete a download of an update and stumbled upon this sight for downloads:
http://www.vdisk.cn/happyhappy?tag=&p=1
I downloaded (using jdownloader) the latest stable for k3, copied the files over as per the first post, rebooted and now have an excellent version of 2012.

Thanks to all on this forum (and others) for their excellent work
Old 11-18-2012, 07:17 PM   #863
thermopyle
Enthusiast

Quote:
As posted 2 pages ago
I can't read Chinese in order to download from there. I can get Chrome to translate the main page, but when I click the download button a window pops up with somewhere to type, and that window won't translate. What is it asking for?
Old 11-19-2012, 03:34 AM   #864
davidjpatterson

Quote:
I can't read Chinese in order to download from there. I can get Chrome to translate the main page, but when I click the download button a window pops up with somewhere to type, and that window won't translate. What is it asking for?
Are you able to read my entire post (which I quoted back) - it contains the answer to that question
Old 11-19-2012, 08:24 AM   #865
thermopyle
Enthusiast

Quote:
Are you able to read my entire post (which I quoted back) - it contains the answer to that question
I'd missed the bit about JDownloader, but what I ended up doing is looking at the source of the page and grabbing the link from there. Here it is:

http://stor.vdisk.cn/loadfile/94/94A....15754.rtm.zip

Once I installed this version, everything seems to be working fine. I also did the OTA update after getting that running. Mobi is reading without any issues and the folder view works perfectly (the main reason I wanted to use Duokan Lite was because of the lack of folder organization in the Kindle OS.)

Any chance azw support will be added to Duokan Lite at some point?
Old 11-19-2012, 08:33 AM   #866
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:

Once I installed this version, everything seems to be working fine. I also did the OTA update after getting that running. Mobi is reading without any issues and the folder view works perfectly (the main reason I wanted to use Duokan Lite was because of the lack of folder organization in the Kindle OS.)
Did you try the collection's manager?

Note: Folder organization is not part of the Kindle OS, it is all done by application's programs in user-space.

Quote:
Any chance azw support will be added to Duokan Lite at some point?
Wrong forum, wrong web-site. That is a question for the Duokan project site.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:51 AM   #867
thermopyle
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Did you try the collection's manager?

Note: Folder organization is not part of the Kindle OS, it is all done by application's programs in user-space.

Wrong forum, wrong web-site. That is a question for the Duokan project site.
Collections are inherently flawed even with the use of a collection organizer because there's not a way (that I'm aware) to have sub-collections. For example, if have my Kindle fully loaded (~3k+ books) and want to break the authors down into chunks for easier management (A-G, H-J, etc.,) I can't do that, go into A-J to get to Jim Butcher, then go into the Codex Alera collection to get a list of those five books. A directory structure is really more necessary for this type of approach.

For the second question...while it's true that this isn't the official Duokan site, the people here are very knowledgeable about it. I'd expect that if there's been any announcements regarding a pending release with AZW support somebody here would know about it.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:10 AM   #868
Guit4eva
Guit4eva began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
When I try switch to Doukan lite 2012 using the Launchpad key combo SHIFT D F, I get this error:

DS: KS: TLI

with "failure" at the bottom of the screen.

Anyone knows what this means? I've been trying to get Doukan running on my Kindle 3.4 for a few days now, really need some help!!
Guit4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:13 PM   #869
Kobudera
Hungarian
Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.

Hi everybody!

English language pack ford Duokan 2012: http://duokanhun.blogspot.hu/2012/10...aba-razva.html
Kobudera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:39 PM   #870
thatworkshop
hub

Quote:
I now confirm it works. It just needed to be rebooted!

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf