Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 09-17-2012, 05:00 AM   #1
oxen
Connoisseur
oxen , Klaatu Barada Niktu!oxen , Klaatu Barada Niktu!oxen , Klaatu Barada Niktu!oxen , Klaatu Barada Niktu!oxen , Klaatu Barada Niktu!oxen , Klaatu Barada Niktu!oxen , Klaatu Barada Niktu!oxen , Klaatu Barada Niktu!oxen , Klaatu Barada Niktu!oxen , Klaatu Barada Niktu!oxen , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Nook2, Kobo glo, Kobo mini, iPad3
Smile EpubSTAR: A EPUB/MOBI Creator: txt to epub, word to epub, Markdown to epub

Hi! I'm an epub and mobi ebook lover, and recently developed epub and mobi creating software: EpubSTAR that can convert plain text file (.txt), markdown file(.md/.markdown/.mdown/.markd) and Word documents (.doc / .docx) to epub ebook. Hope to help you create a satisfactory epub and mobi ebook.

Detailed description, see the 2nd floor.

The latest version: 3.1.1
Updated: 2014-06-02
Download: EpubSTAR3.1.1.rar(1.49 MB)
DONATION: Click here.

Click image for larger version

Name:	EpubSTAR 2.5English2.JPG
Views:	1429
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	94938

Supporting the x86/x64 system.

Three Functions
  • WORD to EPUB/MOBI: Convert your Word document (doc, docx) into the EPUB/MOBI format eBooks.
  • TEXT to EPUB/MOBI: Convert your plain text (txt) into the EPUB/MOBI format eBooks.
  • Markdown to EPUB/MOBI: Convert your Markdown text (md, markdown, mdown, markd) into the EPUB/MOBI format eBooks.
Two Formats
EpubSTAR can output two types of e-book format:
  • EPUB eBook : EPUB2, EPUB3 and EPUB3 ( EPUB2 compliant) three versions of epub ebook.
  • MOBI eBook : Kindle version 6 and version 8 (KF6, KF8) two versions of mobi books.

Multi languages support
  • Interface regional languages switch (English , German, Spain, Chinese traditional, Chinese Simplified).
  • Multi-language text mixed processing.
  • Multi-language style mixed processing.

Please note that MobileRead has not verified that the download linked in this post is harmless. Use at your own risk and with appropriate caution.

Last edited by oxen; 06-02-2014 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Update Version3.1.1
oxen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:33 AM   #2
oxen
Connoisseur
oxen , Klaatu Barada Niktu!oxen , Klaatu Barada Niktu!oxen , Klaatu Barada Niktu!oxen , Klaatu Barada Niktu!oxen , Klaatu Barada Niktu!oxen , Klaatu Barada Niktu!oxen , Klaatu Barada Niktu!oxen , Klaatu Barada Niktu!oxen , Klaatu Barada Niktu!oxen , Klaatu Barada Niktu!oxen , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

About EpubSTAR

What is EpubSTAR?

EPUB is become a popular e-book standard and is open and free for all to implement. EPUB files can be read by MobiPocket, Adobe Digital Editions, FBReader, Stanza, the Sony Reader, and many other readers and applications.

EpubSTAR is a professional epub and mobi creation software for Tablet, SmartPhone and EINK users to make EPUB files, initially created by OXEN(LAO NIU). It offers a convenient way to import DOC/DOCX, TXT or markdown files and create all the necessary components of an EPUB and MOBI file.

Main Features of EpubSTAR:

Purpose
  • Create professional and pretty ePub and mobi ebooks.
  • Convert Word, plain text and markdown documents quickly to read on new devices.
Benefits
  1. Well Structured: Full printing books structure, cover, titlepage, introduction, preface, TOC, text, production instructions, copyright page etc.
  2. Standard and Conciseness: Compliance with epub specification, books have no no redundant code,
  3. Wonderful Typography
Feautres
Simple operation, without any professional knowledge, just three steps, you can create professional and pretty ePub and mobi ebooks.

text, DOC, DOCX, markdown import and epub/mobi format export
  1. Word to EPUB/MOBI: Edit manuscript in Word and take advantage of Word's power and convenience to creat epub and mobi ebooks.
  2. Text to EPUB/MOBI: Conversion from TXT to epub and mobi.
  3. Markdown to EPUB/MOBI: Conversion from markdown to epub and mobi.
Table of Contents

1. Chapter auto split
2. TOC auto generation
3. Chapter auto split

Two Formats
EpubSTAR can output two types of e-book format:
  • EPUB eBook : EPUB2, EPUB3 and EPUB3 ( EPUB2 compliant) three versions of epub ebook.
  • MOBI eBook : Kindle version 6 and version 8 (KF6, KF8) two versions of mobi books.

Multi languages and character sets support
  • Interface regional languages switch (English , German, Spain, Chinese traditional, Chinese Simplified).
  • Multi-language text mixed processing.
  • Multi-language style mixed processing.

Advanced Features
  1. Support links and footnotes
  2. Support recognition of table, floating image (wrapping) , text box (frame), hyperlink function, inline style (HTML code) in word document.
  3. Custom styles: EpubSTAR also supports custom CSS for each style (or the whole style sheet) if required. (std/pro/ult edition)
How to get EpubSTAR?

EpubSTAR is available on FORUM:Installation and Requirement

Installation :Automatically.
Uninstallation:you can uninstall EpubSTAR in Add/Remove Programs in Windows control panel.
Requirement
l WINDOWS XP/vista/7/8 and later.
l MS WORD (97, 2003,2007,2010,2013 and later) for Word-to-EPUB function.

How to report bugs?
Please report bugs or make comments using the forum (a thread per comment would be good), via private messages to the me(author), or via email to me.

Last edited by oxen; 01-26-2014 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Add contents of version 3.1
Old 10-02-2012, 01:32 PM   #3
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Simple
I went onto the sites below and also tried Google but could only find websites in Chinese.

I would like to try ePubStar but cannot unless I can work out how to download it. Also has the program been translated into Eng;ish? If not then I probably will not be able to work out how to use it.

Please let us know when you have remedied the above.

Thanks

[QUOTE=oxen;2243063]What is EpubSTAR?

EpubSTAR is available on FORUM:
1. http://www.hi-pda.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=765915
2. http://www.by-smart.com/forum.php?mo...hread&tid=2398
3. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=191270

Last edited by Thasaidon; 10-03-2012 at 07:24 AM. Reason: Fumble fingered typos
Thasaidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:23 AM   #4
oxen
Connoisseur

Smile language menu

EpubSTAR supports English user interface. You can click the language you wish to use.

Name:	EpubSTAR English version.jpg
Views:	930
Size:	207.5 KB
ID:	93286

Last edited by oxen; 10-03-2012 at 08:27 AM. Reason: modified
Old 10-03-2012, 08:29 AM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Maybe it does but the installer appears to be only in Chinese....
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:52 AM   #6
oxen
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Maybe it does but the installer appears to be only in Chinese....
Just click "NEXT":
Attachment 93288
Attachment 93289
Attachment 93290
Attachment 93291
Attachment 93292

Last edited by oxen; 10-26-2012 at 12:43 PM.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:18 AM   #7
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Since not so many westerners are fluent in Chinese, there is going to be a considerable reluctance to click on something where you may have just agreed to have your computer spy on others in your workplace, agreed to pay out money or who knows what.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:33 AM   #8
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmikel View Post
Since not so many westerners are fluent in Chinese, there is going to be a considerable reluctance to click on something where you may have just agreed to have your computer spy on others in your workplace, agreed to pay out money or who knows what.
Especially since it is not clear to a non Chinese speaker which is the download link on the website. At least I could not find it.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:46 PM   #9
oxen
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thasaidon View Post
Especially since it is not clear to a non Chinese speaker which is the download link on the website. At least I could not find it.
[EpubSTAR 2.5.3.21004] 2012-10-04 update:
1. Fixed the garbage of the EpubSTAR Edition identification.
2. Packaged as English installation interface.

Name:	setup_en_1.JPG
Views:	758
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	93326

Name:	setup_en_2.JPG
Views:	762
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	93327
Old 10-04-2012, 03:24 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Does ePubStar actually remove the mess left in by Word?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:22 AM   #11
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard

I Have managed to find how to download ePubStar but it would not allow me to do so.

I was reading a translated version of the web page and one important issue is not clear. Is ePubStar a commercial product you are attempting to sell or are you just asking for donations?
Old 10-05-2012, 01:02 PM   #12
oxen
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thasaidon View Post
I Have managed to find how to download ePubStar but it would not allow me to do so.

I was reading a translated version of the web page and one important issue is not clear. Is ePubStar a commercial product you are attempting to sell or are you just asking for donations?
Developed by myself.
Using is free.
Donate if you like.

Posts replied to you has not been audited by the day before, it may be because of my posts included download links to external websites. Therefore I uploaded the latest version of the program here, 2.5.3.21004:

Download: :EpubSTAR2_5_6.rar(1.48 MB)

Last edited by oxen; 10-26-2012 at 12:58 PM.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:25 PM   #13
oxen
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Does ePubStar actually remove the mess left in by Word?
What does mean the "mess"?
Old 10-06-2012, 06:28 AM   #14
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxen View Post
Developed by myself.
Using is free.
Donate if you like.

Posts replied to you has not been audited by the day before, it may be because of my posts included download links to external websites. Therefore I uploaded the latest version of the program here, 2.5.3.21004:
Thanks for that. I have downloaded it and had a quick look.

Avast checked it the first time I ran it and it did not find any malware or viruses. After reading your help file it seems fairly straigtforward to use and 'Advasnced Mode' it seems to cover most jobs you are likely to do .

I was unable to try it out myself as it appears use parts of to be lMSWord t provide some functionality and I have not got Word installed at the moment.

From what I could see it looks to be a useful addition to the collection os ePub creation software available but a full evaluation by me will have to wait until I have the time, which will not be soon.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:09 AM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxen View Post
What does mean the "mess"?
Word can leave in code that can do things like prevent changing the font, prevent night mode, prevent font size changing and other issues. Also, if you have to edit the code, it's not all that neat and is not as easy to do for some as it should be. take a Word document of some size, export it as HTML filtered and see what you get. You will see what I mean.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub app, epub application, epubstar, kf8/mobi, mobi