Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-26-2011, 09:58 AM   #1
Abukamaranga
Abukamaranga began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Hello and: how ccan I set the paragraph font in Calibre when converting to mobi?

Hello MobileRead Forum!
I am since yesterday an owner of a Kindle 3 and presently busy making up my first reading items.

My technical question is very trivial: I am trying to convert a couple of things from different formats into mobi and everything functions okay, except that I was unable to change the default paragraph font family - everything looks like Couirer. I tried to use the CSS option, like p {font-family: Times New Roman;} or body {font-family: Times New Roman;}, but with no effect.

Could anybody kindly give me a recipe how to do that?

TIA,
AK
Abukamaranga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:34 AM   #2
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
Welcome.

The kindle doesn't support specific fonts. I think the best you'll get are these options:
p {font-family: serif;}
p {font-family: sans-serif;}
p {font-family: monospace;}
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 02:21 AM   #3
Abukamaranga
Abukamaranga began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Thanks!

This is what I get when I really try to chenge the fonts (the won't change).
However, I do have a few mobi books that have a font different from the Kindle's default. I wonder how that can be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldolse View Post
Welcome.

The kindle doesn't support specific fonts. I think the best you'll get are these options:
p {font-family: serif;}
p {font-family: sans-serif;}
p {font-family: monospace;}
Abukamaranga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:31 AM   #4
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abukamaranga View Post
However, I do have a few mobi books that have a font different from the Kindle's default. I wonder how that can be.
They're most likely Topaz and not mobi - Topaz is an alternate Kindle format which is more like PDF format, custom glyphs are built from the original book.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
font, font-family, kindle, mobi