Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 07:41 AM   #151
Nemrod
Nemrod began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
When you said earlier that your iPad/Marvin was recognized in calibre, there's no evidence of that in the screen shot you posted.
No, but it is.

Quote:
The most likely cause is that you haven't started the calibre connector in Marvin, or you have more than one device connected.
I went to Marvin / Get Books / Calibre ...

Quote:
If you're still having a problem, please visit the plugin's GitHub issue tracker. Review the instructions in issue #1, 'Creating a new issue'. Follow the steps to create a debug log, and add that to a new issue.G
Ok.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:04 AM   #152
huser
huser began at the beginning.

Device: ipad2
Cannot update ios reader plugin for calibre

I was using Calibre ios reader plugin and Marvin XD plugin to sync books on my windows 7 Pc with my marvin reader on ipad2. But when I tried to update ios reader plugin, it returned an error with following details.

calibre, version 1.35.0
ERROR: Install Plugin Failed: A problem occurred while installing this plugin. This plugin will now be uninstalled. Please post the error message in details below into the forum thread for this plugin and restart Calibre.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 711, in _install_clicked
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 379, in add_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 539, in initialize_plugin
InvalidPlugin: Initialization of plugin Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 533, in initialize_plugin
File "calibre_plugins.ios_reader_apps.__init__", line 886, in initialize
File "calibre_plugins.ios_reader_apps.__init__", line 1175, in _get_connected_device_info
InitialConnectionError: Unable to connect to iDevice
failed with traceback:
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 533, in initialize_plugin
File "calibre_plugins.ios_reader_apps.__init__", line 1175, in _get_connected_device_info

Could u help me fix this problem?
Advert
Old 05-04-2014, 11:08 AM   #153
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Disconnect your iPad before doing the update.

G
Old 05-04-2014, 12:47 PM   #154
huser
huser began at the beginning.

Device: ipad2
Thanx, that worked
Old 05-09-2014, 04:38 AM   #155
uten
uten began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 4
Quick Question - Does this work with Goodreader 4??
Advert
Old 05-09-2014, 05:40 AM   #156
GRiker
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I will take a look at GoodReader 4 to see if it's compatible with the driver. If so, I will add support in the next release of the plugin.

G
Old 05-09-2014, 05:55 AM   #157
uten
uten began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 4
Thanks, and thanks for the quick response!
Old 05-09-2014, 07:18 AM   #158
GRiker

@uten,

It appears that Goodiware didn't change the way files are managed in GoodReader4.

I've sent you a PM with a link to a prerelease beta with preliminary support for GoodReader4.

Please let me know via PM of any issues you encounter.

G
Old 05-13-2014, 03:41 AM   #159
ChristopherTD
Addict
ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin Reader on iPad Air (via Calibre)
Hi
I have used this plugin for some time without issue. Suddenly, today, on starting up Calibre it complains that the iOS reader application plugin is no longer installed. When I try to install it the following error appears. Any ideas?

calibre, version 1.36.0
ERROR: Install Plugin Failed: A problem occurred while installing this plugin. This plugin will now be uninstalled. Please post the error message in details below into the forum thread for this plugin and restart Calibre.

File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/dialogs/plugin_updater.py", line 711, in _install_clicked
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 379, in add_plugin
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 539, in initialize_plugin
InvalidPlugin: Initialization of plugin Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 533, in initialize_plugin
failed with traceback:
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 533, in initialize_plugin
Old 05-13-2014, 03:44 AM   #160
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Make sure that your iPad (or whatever device you're using) is not connected to your PC before trying to install the plug-in.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:22 AM   #161
ChristopherTD
Addict
ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin Reader on iPad Air (via Calibre)
Hi Harry
Thanks for that tip - I also restarted and somewhere in between it sorted itself out. My iPhone was connected when I tried to install it, so that must have confused it. Though it remains a mystery as to how it uninstalled itself!
Seems to be happy now though.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:27 AM   #162
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherTD View Post
Hi Harry
Thanks for that tip - I also restarted and somewhere in between it sorted itself out. My iPhone was connected when I tried to install it, so that must have confused it. Though it remains a mystery as to how it uninstalled itself!
Seems to be happy now though.
The plug-in won't install if you have the iDevice connected at the time, so that was probably the issue.
Old 05-16-2014, 12:48 AM   #163
CookieCutterGoth
CookieCutterGoth began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Mini with Marvin
Hi, I'm having a problem where i install the plug in, restart calibre, customize the plugin to see marvin. Then I connect my device, start calibre and it tells me that IOS RA is not installed, and that I should install it.

I have tried deleting plugin and it's resources then re-installing to no avail...
Old 05-16-2014, 04:54 AM   #164
GRiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieCutterGoth View Post
Hi, I'm having a problem where i install the plug in, restart calibre, customize the plugin to see marvin. Then I connect my device, start calibre and it tells me that IOS RA is not installed, and that I should install it.

I have tried deleting plugin and it's resources then re-installing to no avail...
Please create an issue at the plugin's GitHub issue tracker. Follow the instructions in issue #1 'Creating a new issue' to generate a debug log.

G
Old 05-17-2014, 01:25 PM   #165
GRiker

Version 1.4.0 released

Version 1.4.0 of the iOS reader applications plugin has been released, adding support for GoodReader 4.

All users of the plugin should update, as this release includes important optimizations for all supported reader applications.

This update requires calibre version 1.37.

Disconnect all devices before installing or updating the plugin.

G
Closed Thread