Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-04-2009, 05:41 PM   #1
DanT
Connoisseur
DanT will become famous soon enoughDanT will become famous soon enoughDanT will become famous soon enoughDanT will become famous soon enoughDanT will become famous soon enoughDanT will become famous soon enoughDanT will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Glo
Suvudu Free (PDF)ebook Library from Random House

I didn't see it posted here so

Teleread has reported a new website which offer free pdf ebook from random house

http://www.teleread.org/2009/03/04/s...-by-using-pdf/

http://www.suvudu.com/freelibrary/

* His Majesty’s Dragon by Naomi Novik
* Assassin’s Apprentice by Robin Hobb
* Settling Accounts: Return Engagement by Harry Turtledove
* Red Mars by Kim Stanley Robinson
* Blood Engines by T.A. Pratt

Last edited by DanT; 03-04-2009 at 05:44 PM.
DanT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 06:47 PM   #2
kilohertz53
Zealot
kilohertz53 will become famous soon enoughkilohertz53 will become famous soon enoughkilohertz53 will become famous soon enoughkilohertz53 will become famous soon enoughkilohertz53 will become famous soon enoughkilohertz53 will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-350, Augen "The Book"
Thanks, Dan! I'll check it out!
kilohertz53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2009, 02:36 AM   #3
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
What a great find. This is going to be a great source for free books from a large publisher.
I've read 3 out of the initial 5 freebies. I read His Majesty's Dragon late last year and liked it a lot but haven't got round to reading further books in the series yet.
I enjoyed Red Mars and the rest of the series in the 90's so it might be time to re-read them as well as the Assassin series which I read a few years ago.
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 03:31 AM   #4
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Just got these free on the Sony site.... I didn't check for the fifth yet..

His Majesty's Dragon by Naomi Novik

Blood Engines by T.A. Pratt

Assassin's Apprentice: Th Farseer Book

Red Mars by Kim Stanley Robinson
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 04:56 AM   #5
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
Even better to get the Sony format versions rather than put up with the pdf versions I have already downloaded
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2009, 07:05 AM   #6
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Nice!
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:22 AM   #7
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Just got these free on the Sony site.... I didn't check for the fifth yet..

His Majesty's Dragon by Naomi Novik

Blood Engines by T.A. Pratt

Assassin's Apprentice: Th Farseer Book

Red Mars by Kim Stanley Robinson
Sweet! I wasn't going to pick them up in PDF, but I'll get them from the Sony site!
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 02:21 PM   #8
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
I didn't find this one on the Sony site - I searched by title and author. Not there!

Settling Accounts: Return Engagement by Harry Turtledove

The other four books I found for $0.00 = thanks for the heads up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanT View Post
I didn't see it posted here so

Teleread has reported a new website which offer free pdf ebook from random house

http://www.teleread.org/2009/03/04/s...-by-using-pdf/

http://www.suvudu.com/freelibrary/

* His Majesty’s Dragon by Naomi Novik
* Assassin’s Apprentice by Robin Hobb
* Settling Accounts: Return Engagement by Harry Turtledove
* Red Mars by Kim Stanley Robinson
* Blood Engines by T.A. Pratt
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 02:43 PM   #9
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
This same set is free at Amazon, for the Kindle, also. I'll post actual links when I re-find them.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 03:12 PM   #10
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
ME LIKE FREE!!!!
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 04:05 PM   #11
cerement
Groupie
cerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it is

Device: Amazon Kindle 1, Sony PRS-300, Amazon Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
This same set is free at Amazon, for the Kindle, also. I'll post actual links when I re-find them.
Coupla threads down ...
cerement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:03 PM   #12
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookratt View Post
I didn't find this one on the Sony site - I searched by title and author. Not there!

Settling Accounts: Return Engagement by Harry Turtledove

The other four books I found for $0.00 = thanks for the heads up!

Random House (or Amazon) pulled a quick switch on this last free book for the Kindle - perhaps they did the same for Sony? Rather than Settling Accounts Return Engagement: Book One of the Settling Accounts Trilogy, they have Settling Accounts In at the Death as a free download.

Karen
http://booksontheknob.blogspot.com/
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:44 PM   #13
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Just a heads up...

Outcast by Aaron Allston, the first book in the Fate of the Jedi series has been added to the free library page. Nothing at Amazon or Sony yet.

On a side note for any fans of Aaron Allston, Suvudu also had this news...
Quote:
Yesterday, Del Rey author Aaron Allston underwent quadruple bypass surgery. Aaron was on tour, promoting his latest book Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi: Outcast when he suffered a heartattack and was admitted to a hospital in Texas. He is currently in intensive care, but stable. Our thoughts are with him.

Aaron’s family has set up a blood donation sponsorship. If anyone in the Dallas area would like to donate blood, you can go to the National Blood Exchange or Carter BloodCare. Say that you are donating blood for Aaron Allston, patient of Carter Blood Care in Bedford, TX, and give his sponsor number: SPON 047786.

Please send any well-wishes to:

Aaron Allston
c/o Del Rey Books
1745 Broadway
New York, NY 10019

But please DO NOT send any perishable items or flowers, as Aaron will not be able to receive anything this week.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:53 PM   #14
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Ouch. Thanks for the news. I hope he recovers.

FYI, the Star Wars book is not the whole thing; it's just some background material and a sample chapter.

Last edited by sirbruce; 04-03-2009 at 07:57 PM.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:58 PM   #15
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Just a heads up...

Outcast by Aaron Allston, the first book in the Fate of the Jedi series has been added to the free library page. Nothing at Amazon or Sony yet.
Oops, my bad. I thought it was the book, but it's not. It's a promo for the book.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote