Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-08-2010, 07:56 PM   #1
AlphaTreo
AlphaTreo began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Controlling Folder for News Storage (on Nook Color)

Is there a way to control where news feed are stored on the Nook Color? I am able to specify that they go onto the microSD card, but they all automatically go into a "News" folder. I would like to have a seperate folder in the "News" folder for each source. This would prevent a lot of scrolling in the News folder if I have multiple feeds from multiple days.

I did look in the help file, and it looks like there may be a way to do it by editing the recipies. The help file (http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual/news.html) mentions the "output_dir" as a way to do this on the command line, but there is no clear example of doing it in one of the recipies. If there is a command set listing for the recipies, maybe it is listed in there. I have looked through a few of the recipies and don't see anywhere that specifies the "News" folder, so I thought it may be an option. I searched through the options, though, and did not find it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
AlphaTreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:08 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
look under preferences->sending to device

Though IIRC news is handled differently from normal books, try it and see.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2010, 02:33 PM   #3
AlphaTreo
AlphaTreo began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
That did not work on my Nook Color. I see how it works for books, and how it can be edited in the "Sending to Device" section. That does not seem to work for the news sources, though. I assume there is probably something in your code where you create the "News" directory on the memory card if it is not there, and then store the news sources there. There was not a "News" folder on my memory card until after the first time I used calibre to transfer the news sources. So would there be a way to create folders inside that "News" folder which were based on the way it is specified in the "Sending to Device" section?

Also, it is a great feature to be able to only have the newest so many days of news sources on the computer. Unfortunately, this feature does not transfer to the Nook Color. It would be nice if the two were synchronized, such that the Nook would have the old stuff deleted and only have the new stuff on it. Would that be possible?

Thanks,
Ed DeWitt
AlphaTreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:48 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No and it's on the todo list
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote