Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 02-12-2009, 04:06 PM   #106
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Only for the purpose of "time shifting" - ie watching it at a time that's convenient for you. Technically, we're not allowed to store it permanently (although nobody's ever been prosecuted for doing so, obviously!).
I could see it in court:

You stored it permanently!
No, I didn't, come back in 50 years, you'll see it's no longer readable...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 04:14 PM   #107
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
There will always be a small percentage of dishonest people who want "something for nothing"
Yes, like author's or authors's children that want to get payed for something produced 50 years ago or more. They definitely want to get paid for nothing.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2009, 04:58 PM   #108
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Yes, like author's or authors's children that want to get payed for something produced 50 years ago or more. They definitely want to get paid for nothing.
I honestly can't tell whether that's irony or not.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 05:01 PM   #109
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
I honestly can't tell whether that's irony or not.
he does have a point...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 05:12 PM   #110
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
he does have a point...
He does indeed.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2009, 12:31 AM   #111
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
GOOGLE SHOWS WHY DRM is evil:
http://www.last100.com/2007/08/13/go...y-drm-is-evil/

I like comments

If hardware includeas DRM (not complies with user that is), it must be considered defective hardware. (Isaac Asimov)

DRM is defective.

DRM conflicts with LAW 2.
By violating copyrights my computer/robot does not cause injury, harm or death. (In a physical sense)

So if I tell my Robot/computer, to violate copyright it must do so. By doing so, the computer helps me completing my task. Not causing injury to anyone.

Maybe I might even need to violate a copyright to save a life, maybe my own.

This is fair. Since computers/robots are for everyone.

If my computer does not do as told, it is defective.

DRM hardware is defective hardware. (So should be returned to the shop for being defective)
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 07:45 AM   #112
mazzeltjes
Addict
mazzeltjes doesn't littermazzeltjes doesn't litter

Device: sony 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
GOOGLE SHOWS WHY DRM is evil:
http://www.last100.com/2007/08/13/go...y-drm-is-evil/

I like comments

If hardware includeas DRM (not complies with user that is), it must be considered defective hardware. (Isaac Asimov)

DRM is defective.

DRM conflicts with LAW 2.
By violating copyrights my computer/robot does not cause injury, harm or death. (In a physical sense)

So if I tell my Robot/computer, to violate copyright it must do so. By doing so, the computer helps me completing my task. Not causing injury to anyone.

Maybe I might even need to violate a copyright to save a life, maybe my own.

This is fair. Since computers/robots are for everyone.

If my computer does not do as told, it is defective.

DRM hardware is defective hardware. (So should be returned to the shop for being defective)
mazzeltjes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 08:29 AM   #113
mosteo
Enthusiast
mosteo began at the beginning.

Device: PRS500 / N-Gage QD
Who would argue against the good doctor?
mosteo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 11:45 PM   #114
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
I just updated my signature
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote