Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-12-2011, 08:22 PM   #1
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
Tip: White finger nail polish and black marker

I use the white fingernail polish and the black marker to indicate which side of the USB cable needs to be "up". Otherwise it's a pain to figure it out.

If you're male do be sure to tell the clerk at the makeup counter exactly why you are purchasing the white fingernail polish.

Also on black devices I will sometimes put white fingernail polish around the female plug just so I aim a bit better. Especially my Palm TX which as an large and complex connector.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 11:20 PM   #2
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Or you could just remember that the two little "Hook" parts face upwards.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2011, 12:44 AM   #3
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
I have so many different connectors for so many devices that it's very frustrating to figure out which faces which way. I'm thinking at least five or six. "Standard/full sized", micro, mini, camera, Palm TX and there's gotta be one or two more. I have two 7 port USB hubs as I've run out of room. And I have at least 10 or 12 devices I plug in either permanently or on a regular/occasional basis.

I'm quite grateful that the Kobo WiFi and Touch cables are white so it's easier to pick those out.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote