Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-18-2011, 02:30 AM   #1
Bertrand
Zealot
Bertrand began at the beginning.

Device: None
Encoding of special characters in CSS file

My CSS files are produced via Writer2Epub, LibreOffice extension.

When viewing the CSS file in Sigil (all versions), all accented characters (in CSS comments) are replaced by a question mark.

In Dreamweaver, or Notepad++, or PSpad, it's OK.

I don't know if this problem has already been reported. I don't see anything about it in the bugbase.

Thanks.

Bertrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 03:13 AM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
What is the encoding of the CSS file? It probably isn't saved as UTF-8 by the extension.

Then again, don't worry about it. They are only comments...
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2011, 04:03 AM   #3
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
The spec requires the CSS files to be utf-8 (or utf-16):

1.4.1.5: CSS Requirements

External CSS stylesheets referenced by OPS documents must use UTF-8 or UTF-16 encoding. Inclusion of Byte Order Mark (BOM) is mandatory for UTF-16 encoding and optional for UTF-8 encoding.

or rather, you can use whatever encoding you want, but it will be interpreted as if it were utf-8/16.

Last edited by Jellby; 08-18-2011 at 04:07 AM.
Jellby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 04:12 AM   #4
Bertrand
Zealot
Bertrand began at the beginning.

Device: None
Ah...you're right. W2E does not export the CSS file in utf-8. Or maybe it is LibreOffice ? I've just noticed it after a closer look in Dreamweaver.

Well, sure, it's not important, it's just that I don't like all those ugly symbols :-)

Thanks.
Bertrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:12 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
Ah...you're right. W2E does not export the CSS file in utf-8. Or maybe it is LibreOffice ? I've just noticed it after a closer look in Dreamweaver.

Well, sure, it's not important, it's just that I don't like all those ugly symbols :-)

Thanks.
You should report the issue to the writer2epub forum
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert