Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 04-28-2010, 04:03 AM   #91
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
I remember Noddy We call him Oui-Oui in France.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 12:01 PM   #92
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
I learned to read quite early, either just before or after my 4th birthday. I can't recall the first book I read on my own, although it was probably something passed down from my older brother - I remember reading big, hardcover books with mythological stories adapted for children (which, in retrospect, is probably what drew me to classical philology as an adult!). I can never remember not reading. One of my fondest childhood memories is of my father taking me to make my own library card at the library around the corner from my house, while I was in the first grade or so. I visited that library almost every day, until I moved away from home. Whenever I visit my family, I make it a point to take my niece to the library. Hopefully she'll treasure those memories of taking trips with me to the library as much as I treasure my memories of going there with my father.

My favourite books as a child were:
The Babysitter's Club series
The Chronicles of Narnia
Encyclopedia Brown
The Great Brain
Nancy Drew
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2010, 03:17 PM   #93
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabberwock_11 View Post
I started pretty early, but the first books I really remember enjoying were the Encyclopedia Brown books and the original Hardy Boys books...I know cheese-tastic, but I liked them.
That reference to Encyclopedia Brown* made me remember that before I started actually reading I used to often sit and pore over an enclypedia we had and put in small bits of paper as bookmarks. I think my parents still have it, including bookmarks. I think they thought it was cute. They didn't teach me to read before I started school at 7 though.

*had to look up Encyclopedia Brown - but I have a vague notion that I may have encountered the books as a child - but probably a different name. Edit: reading the Wikpedia entry I'm not sure though.

Last edited by Ea; 04-28-2010 at 03:20 PM.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote