Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-31-2013, 01:47 AM   #151
SR Roddy
SR Roddy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SR Roddy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SR Roddy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SR Roddy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SR Roddy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SR Roddy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SR Roddy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SR Roddy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SR Roddy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SR Roddy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SR Roddy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle DX
It was Jacob by Jacquelyn Frank. Sadly it was on my pc.
SR Roddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:29 AM   #152
Illyria
Connoisseur
Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK, K5, K7, KPW3
When I got my first ereader, I was so happy about the large selection of free books that I chose an out-of-copyright classic I was interested in: Quo Vadis by Henryk Sienkiewicz on Kindle Keyboard.
Illyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2013, 11:49 AM   #153
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
"What the Night Knows" by Dean Koontz on my first PRS-350. The reader has since multiplied and changed colors, but it's still happily my reader of choice.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:48 PM   #154
mr_nihilism
Always been the caretaker
mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, PW2
Insomnia by Stephen King - Kindle 4
mr_nihilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:26 PM   #155
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
On a portable device - Persuasion on a Palm IIIxe in early 2001.

After delving into the public domain classics for some time, I eventually purchased my first eBooks in October 2003. I bought two books and grabbed two freebies that first day on what became eReader.com - I believe I read The Joy Luck Club first, and would probably have been using my first Sony Clié (a T615C) or a Palm Tungsten E.
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2013, 05:09 PM   #156
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Cannot for the life of me remember the book, but it was definitely on my PC, using Spacejock's ybook reader. I tried many PC readers back then, but his was the simples and best. After that, I bought a Casio Casseopia E500 with a whole 32Mb of memory on a card, (Windows CE operating system) and would read in Microsoft Reader as well. Back then they gave books away each week, for a while. I had quite a collection. I think I might still have them somewhere on a CD.
kyteflyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:56 PM   #157
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
I (re)read Lord of the Rings as my first ebook on a Cybook Gen 3.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:05 PM   #158
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
I truly don't remember, but it sure was on my Milestone 2 smartphone. Possibly "A study in scarlet". I was in a sherlock rush...
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:46 PM   #159
Parody
Parody began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Transformer Infinity
I had software manuals, game books, and a small collection of classics and short stories on my Commodore 64 back in the 80s, but I don't remember what specifically was first anymore.

I had the Sherlock Holmes stories on my Palm IIIxe, if you're looking for more modern devices.

The Hunger Games was the first book I read on my Kindle.
Parody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:06 AM   #160
Polly7
Ebook/Ereader Lover
Polly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura about

Device: K4B
Hannibal:Enemy of Rome by Ben Kane on a graphite K3
Polly7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:27 PM   #161
Kurt
Connoisseur
Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kurt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Nook HD+, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
Dracula on TheBook by Augen

Never read it before - interesting but a slog at the same time
The ereader was horrible for getting books onto it (terribly slow too) and then finding them after you think you managed too
Good thing it came with 100 classic books already installed

Read just one more book after Dracula, then bought the Nook Color - much better experience
Kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:43 AM   #162
Kokomo Lee
Keeps on Ticking...
Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindles, iStuff, Nexus and a partridge
Way back in the early days of AOL, I belonged to a group that would write short stories and trade them to read on my PC. Ah, the joys of dialup...

The first ebook I purchased was "Between Heaven and Hell" by Jeff Kirvin around 1999 from Peanut Press. I read it on my Palm III. I still remember my joy in realizing I could take my books with me without actually carrying a stack of books!
Kokomo Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:09 PM   #163
donovan1983
donovan1983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.donovan1983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.donovan1983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.donovan1983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.donovan1983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.donovan1983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.donovan1983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.donovan1983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.donovan1983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.donovan1983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.donovan1983 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I think it was Nineteen Eighty-Four. It was using Peanut Press (or maybe it was already Palm Reader by then) on a Handspring Visor Deluxe. I read quite a few books on that thing.
donovan1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:09 PM   #164
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
The Elegant Universe by Brian Green.... on a Libre Pro it was a pdf2011 sometime...
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:36 PM   #165
secordman
secordman began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
The Passage of Power by Robert Caro. 1000 + pages, first book I completed on my Kobo Touch. That's starting out hard core!
secordman is offline   Reply With Quote