marcanuck began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 505, 700
E-reader is selling them at 50% off.

Just received an email from them.
marcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:35 PM   #32
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
As far as I can tell, the only issue that might be significant is that the maps, other than the map of the shire at the beginning of book 1, seem to be missing? I can't find them at the beginning of the other books, or at the end right before the appendices.
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2009, 09:36 PM   #33
marcanuck
marcanuck began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 505, 700
Sony has them for sale too on their website. 20.23$ for the triology.
marcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:39 PM   #34
Sonist
Apeist
Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Generic virtual reality story-experiential device
Great news and at $15 for the trilogy, a good buy.

It is not Topaz, is it?
Sonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:40 PM   #35
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonist View Post

It is not Topaz, is it?
"The Hobbit" isn't.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2009, 09:47 PM   #36
All4Fun
Zealot
All4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-books

Device: iPad, Blackberry Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonist View Post

It is not Topaz, is it?
The trilogy isn't.
All4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:49 PM   #37
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
I just got an Email from Fictionwise. They have 100% micropay rebate on all the Tolkien books too.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:17 PM   #38
GoneNova
Enthusiast
GoneNova is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 4,Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura One, Libra2
Don't forget to use the TAXDAY code at Fictionwise for 15% off. It's good till Apr. 21.
GoneNova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:24 PM   #39
boydcarts
Connoisseur
boydcarts began at the beginning.

Device: Nook WiFi, iPad2
I like the idea of the 100% micropay rebate. Too bad it's irrelevant for Sony users.
boydcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:25 PM   #40
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by boydcarts View Post
I like the idea of the 100% micropay rebate. Too bad it's irrelevant for Sony users.
Why's that? They don't care what device you have when you buy the ebooks.. you still get the rebate.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:00 PM   #41
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
PB, I have to side with boydcarts, I know that there is the "program which cannot be named" to remove the mobi DRM, but I have never had any luck with it.

It is a shame that fictionwise is not offering an lrf version.

EDIT: or better yet, a .lit version!

Last edited by Donnageddon; 04-19-2009 at 11:06 PM.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:07 PM   #42
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
Although Fictionwise doesn't sell these books in a Sony format, you can get them from the Sony store.

Note: Fictionwise doesn't sell Sony-format books with DRM and these books are not available from any retailer without DRM.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:12 PM   #43
Neil
Addict
Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 6, iPad Air, Kindles HD 8, HD 10, Oasis 3, Scribe, PB Color
I just paid for Children of Hurin on Fictionwise and it refuses to download. When I try to download I get:

Description : Error : Download is not authorized for this retailer.
Source : download.asp
Number : -5

I've let Fictionwise know but I hate being charged for something and not being able to get it!!!
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:13 PM   #44
akira28
Nameless Being

What is Micropay?

I am still confused about this Micropay. It sound like a gimmick to me. Say they list one of these books at $15. If the the rebate is 100% then $15 gets credited to my account. Does this mean that I can buy another book for $15? Do I have this right?

Sounds rather complicated (and more expensive) to me. Why not be done with it and offer the books at half price such as ereader does? Plus there "TAXDAY" code gets you an additional 15% off.

If I bought Hurin and LOTR at Fictionwise it costs nearly $30 after rebate. At eReader the cost is $23 less 15% or approximately $19.50 (not including the rewards credit given).

Last edited by akira28; 04-19-2009 at 11:18 PM.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:17 PM   #45
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
PB, I have to side with boydcarts, I know that there is the "program which cannot be named" to remove the mobi DRM, but I have never had any luck with it.

EDIT: or better yet, a .lit version!
There's more than one - so depends which?
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote