Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-07-2013, 06:49 PM   #1
peter1212
peter1212 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Title appears at the top of every page

Hi all, brand new user.

I've pretty much formatted my book, but one small problem.

When I look at my book in the kindle previewer and reader I see the title (ie metadata title) appearing on the top of every page, including above my cover image.

Yes when I look in sigil I don't see may title appearing anywhere at all.

Is there some setting somewhere to show title or something like that? I've looked everywhere to find some setting to turn off about showing title, but can't get rid of it. Or how else do I get rid of my title?

Thanks all
Peter
peter1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:20 PM   #2
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
If I understand your question, it is a matter of the ebook reader, not Sigil (which is an ebook editor). So don't expect to find the answer here. Look for a forum that deals with your specific epub reader.

Albert
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2013, 12:08 AM   #3
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool kindlepreviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter1212 View Post
Hi all, brand new user.

I've pretty much formatted my book, but one small problem.

When I look at my book in the kindle previewer and reader I see the title (ie metadata title) appearing on the top of every page, including above my cover image.

Yes when I look in sigil I don't see may title appearing anywhere at all.

Is there some setting somewhere to show title or something like that? I've looked everywhere to find some setting to turn off about showing title, but can't get rid of it. Or how else do I get rid of my title?

Thanks all
Peter
If you have kindlepreviewer set to display as a Fire it behaves as you describe because the fire behaves like that as well.

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:28 AM   #4
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
In other words, the place to get rid of it is in the reader itself, if that is a configurable setting.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:41 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
There is no 'PAGE' in EPUB2 (because of reflow).

There is a (start on a) New Screen for devices that don't force a long, linearized view of the book (Calibre's viewer offers the Scroll option ).
making a new 'Section file' also starts a new screen.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2013, 07:50 PM   #6
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter1212 View Post
It's worth noting that, at least in the case of the Kindle devices, what is being read and displayed is not the metadata as you may have entered it in Sigil, but the title as you entered it in the Book Details (first) page of the publishing process. Or so at least has been my experience.
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:24 PM   #7
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notjohn View Post
It's worth noting that, at least in the case of the Kindle devices, what is being read and displayed is not the metadata as you may have entered it in Sigil, but the title as you entered it in the Book Details (first) page of the publishing process. Or so at least has been my experience.
Indeed. It will be overriden by what the Publisher/author puts in the "Title" block. We had a client that was obsessed with not having a title appear (because she had read free Kindle books in K4PC, but was viewing her own book in Previewer), and I couldn't get her to believe that it was K4PC versus the other reading apps. So we removed any title from the OPF, leaving a nbsp (FWIW: if you try to leave it blank you'll get errors). She was of course thrilled, and of course, equally, Amazon populated the field with whatever she typed during her upload. ;-)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote