Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 11-07-2013, 01:03 AM   #1
artbatista
Groupie
artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, iPad 2
Off topic: free data in perpetuity for tablets on T-Mobile (200mb per month)

As the topic says, T-mob. USA is now giving out free 200 MB basic data accounts to anyone with a wireless data enabled device.

If you are interested, go to the T-Mob website and purchase a data only SIM card for your device. Make sure you order the correct size. The cost is $0.99 + tax

Once you receive it, install it, fire up your browser and it will take you to the activation page. Enter name, password, contact info and you are done!

It's not a huge amount if data, but I have found it difficult to use it up for normal email and basic browsing.

Cheers

Art
artbatista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 03:30 AM   #2
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
I noticed quite a few articles online complaining that the offer was not as no-strings-attached as originally presented. I hope it works for you, though.

To me, 200 MB per month would be insufficient. My typical monthly use of mobile data hovers between 0.7-0.9 GB. It would make me nervous to have a limit as low as 200 MB.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2013, 02:30 PM   #3
artbatista
Groupie
artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
I noticed quite a few articles online complaining that the offer was not as no-strings-attached as originally presented. I hope it works for you, though.

To me, 200 MB per month would be insufficient. My typical monthly use of mobile data hovers between 0.7-0.9 GB. It would make me nervous to have a limit as low as 200 MB.
Yes, if you go to a store or call T-Mob looking for this deal, it was usually a fail. The people at the stores/manning the phones apparently were I'll informed.

I can confirm that if you do it yourself, by simply inserting the sim into your tablet and doing the on screen activation, it is indeed as described.

Both my son and I have done this, and both are very satisfied.

For months now, my iPad has had data only when I was traveling. I could not justify the expense for the limited use I was getting out of the plan. Now I can do most things I need to, and add data only those months when I really need to.

Cheers

Art
Old 11-07-2013, 02:35 PM   #4
artbatista
Groupie

By the way, the only string attached is if you buy a tablet thru T mobile and it's financed, so you have a contract with them. In that case, you still need to pay your contract, but they do add the extra 200MB on top of you data plan.

Other than that, I have seen no other complaints.

Cheers

Art