Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-05-2013, 10:22 AM   #16
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
if you *really* care about networked audio, I *think* mpd can do it natively in the latest versions... (Plus, an mpd client would be pretty neat ;P).

(There's a good possibility I'm remembering this wrong, since I used to use it with icecast... PulseAudio, on the other hand, can do it, IIRC, but it's a mixer/server...)

Last edited by NiLuJe; 10-05-2013 at 10:25 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 11:03 AM   #17
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
[root@kindle bin]# arecord -D plughw:0 -f dat | ssh -C me@192.168.1.69 aplay -f dat

works okay...

perhaps I can convince the player to spit out a similar thing
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2013, 11:04 AM   #18
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
if you *really* care about networked audio, I *think* mpd can do it natively in the latest versions... (Plus, an mpd client would be pretty neat ;P).

(There's a good possibility I'm remembering this wrong, since I used to use it with icecast... PulseAudio, on the other hand, can do it, IIRC, but it's a mixer/server...)
Thanks dude I'll check that out then

padevchooser was mysteriously nerfed (thank you ghost, not) for the wheezy release but I see it has crept back in...

will spy on mpd
Old 10-05-2013, 11:10 AM   #19
twobob

http://tinycorelinux.net/4.x/x86/tcz...-minimal.build

This?
Old 10-05-2013, 01:19 PM   #20
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@twobob: Yep. I might have been dreaming the networking support though ;p.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2013, 05:13 PM   #21
twobob

hmm I built jackd with net support :P

Guess I should recompile this thing with jack support the next time I tidy it up
Old 10-05-2013, 06:42 PM   #22
twobob

Version 1.1 released.

All known bugs fixed.
Jack backend support mangled in there.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:16 PM   #23
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Touch (5.3.7)
Holy cow! looking at the patch, this was a LOT of new stuff. You really seem to be doing well changing the gtk stuff. Adding a menu with the quit button, making the keyboard work- good stuff! Thanks again!
brianinmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 06:35 PM   #24
Glover
Glover began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 3G (5.3.7.2)
The application is not running in the background while reading.

When will be possible to listen to radio stations in streaming via WiFi?
Glover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 06:57 PM   #25
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glover View Post
The application is not running in the background while reading.

When will be possible to listen to radio stations in streaming via WiFi?
Check the post dates.

Short answer: Approximately never.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 06:59 PM   #26
Glover

Any other application exists?
Old 02-19-2015, 09:03 PM   #27
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

even though the Kindle runs Linux, multitasking is a major problem. Getting programs to run on the top window is a PITA. I don't think anyone has been able to do what you want - music while reading.

Since I'm in the USA, I use pianobar or pianobarfly sometimes on my Kindle to listen/record streaming from Pandora. Mplayer is used to play the songs downloaded. If you want just streaming radio, mplayer can do that well, just not while reading (at least I can't, maybe you can?)

Last edited by brianinmaine; 02-19-2015 at 09:28 PM.
Old 02-20-2015, 02:31 AM   #28
Glover

I'm trying to do so with mplayer. I'm still trying...

Multitasking on the Kindle Touch is probably not a problem, since Amazon has created a music player application to hear music while reading. One of its drawbacks is the lack of streaming and the inability to listen to a song from the selected location.
Old 02-20-2015, 04:04 AM   #29
brianinmaine
Evangelist

maybe this will be of help:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=228461

not sure how you would stop/control mplayer once it is started, or even change volume?

let us know how you make out please!
Old 02-20-2015, 04:21 AM   #30
Glover

Of course I will share any success. If only I can handle the problem, but I see that it will be difficult.

Another thing that mplayer with a minimum volume too plays music loud.

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Tags
alsaplayer, audio, kual, native, twobob