Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-24-2011, 03:09 PM   #1
noseinabook
noseinabook began at the beginning.

Device: Pandigital Supernova
Kobo download question

I am new here (and new to an ereader) so hope I haven't repeated a much often asked question. I have successfully downloaded the kobo app, and have downloaded acouple of the free ebooks which I started reading. Then I leave and its bookmarked. When I come back, it tells me it is downloading the books again (the bookmark is not lost and is still there no problem) and I don't think it has used up any more space on ereader. I'm just wondering if this is normal for it to say its downloading it every time I log into kobo app to read my book. Thanks.
noseinabook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 03:49 PM   #2
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
The app had a bug a while ago, the Pandigital runs Android right?An update fixed that problem last week I think so just search for the Kobo app in the Market and check if it needs updating.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2011, 04:26 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
The other thing is ... there is NO need to logoff and log back on! When you logout, Kobo "clears" the content it has downloaded, and so when you log backin it has to reacquire it.

Just close the reader program down without logging out and see what happens.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote