Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 07-14-2012, 01:13 AM   #16
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgher View Post
I did. That's what I started with.
Enjoy! By the time I dug up one of my wife's old credit cards that had 3D certification it was too late. Well, I will just have to wait for something better. Though it will definitely be a lot more expensive.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:42 AM   #17
Burgher
Connoisseur
Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Entourage eDGe
Yes, that's the tight spot. It was the third card that I've tried that worked. Even one 3-D Secure-enabled card got declined for some reason.
Burgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:08 PM   #18
Shu_Hayate09
Shu_Hayate09 began at the beginning.

Device: kyobo
actually you can still buy this.
you can get it at www.shopereaders.com
they have english firmware on them too so if u dunno korean, youre good to go

i got mine from them, took a few days for them to ship it out but like, i got it LOL
Shu_Hayate09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:24 AM   #19
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shu_Hayate09 View Post
actually you can still buy this.
you can get it at www.shopereaders.com
they have english firmware on them too so if u dunno korean, youre good to go

i got mine from them, took a few days for them to ship it out but like, i got it LOL
Unfortunately not for USD 89.-.
Old 07-17-2012, 01:48 AM   #20
Burgher
Connoisseur
Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
Unfortunately not for USD 89.-.
Yes, that's the point.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:49 AM   #21
HansTWN
Wizard

Quote:
Yes, that's the point.
Yes, 90 bucks to play around with some new technology is alright. But 300+ for a device with a screen smaller than 6"? I would pay that for a 7" or 8" device with Mirasol, but the 5.7" really is only a toy.

And, lest we forget, there is no ICS for this device, not even on XDA-developers. So tablet apps won't work.

Last edited by HansTWN; 07-17-2012 at 02:54 AM.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:42 AM   #22
Primal
Primal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Primal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Primal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Primal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Primal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Primal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Primal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Primal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Primal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Primal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Primal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Classic
Posted this on the top level Android thread, but no responses, so I figured I'd try in here:
I had intended to purchase the Kyobo EReader with Mirasol early in the year before leaving on a trip, but it didn't happen. Ended up going with my good old Nook.
Now I have the opportunity to buy, place my order at ShopEReaders, and bam...order cancelled. It's been discontinued. Apparently they don't actually carry the products they offer.
Anyone know where I might be able to find one? Nothing on Ebay, BuyKorea, etc. With the number of bad reviews I figured someone would be sick of theirs by now. lol.
I'd really appreciate anyone's help. "
Anybody? Don't mind if it's used, as long as it's operating.
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:51 AM   #23
Burgher
Connoisseur

Professional reviewers are usually very finicky about new things, that's why they write bad reviews. But as far as I know, most end users are quite satisfied with the Kyobo eReader as I am with mine. :-)
Old 11-11-2012, 01:06 AM   #24
Primal
Primal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Primal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Primal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Primal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Primal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Primal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Primal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Primal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Primal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Primal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Primal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Classic
Quote:
Professional reviewers are usually very finicky about new things, that's why they write bad reviews. But as far as I know, most end users are quite satisfied with the Kyobo eReader as I am with mine. :-)
I thought as much. They're hard to find for something that's been knocked so hard. Happy customers don't sell.
Gotta find a reviewer that got a freebie and ask them.
Thanks for answering, BTW.
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:51 AM   #25
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal View Post
I thought as much. They're hard to find for something that's been knocked so hard. Happy customers don't sell.
The problem is that the Kyobo was mainly for the South Korean market and had to be specially imported elsewhere. That means not many of them overseas in the first place. Certainly not in enough quantity to ever make finding them used a likely event.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote