Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-12-2009, 02:11 PM   #1
lostknitter
lostknitter began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2, nook
Hi from Missouri

Hello everyone, I am new to the Mobileread boards, but have been learning a lot from reading them. I have a Kindle2 on order and look forward to all the book recommendations and great info provided here.
lostknitter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 03:15 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi lostknitter and welcome to the Forum. Be sure and let us know how you like the new Kindle once it arrives
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2009, 07:04 PM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Hello and welcome to the forum, fellow knitter
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 08:13 PM   #4
lostknitter

Well hey fellow knitter, fancy meeting you here. Are you also on Ravelry?
Old 02-12-2009, 08:18 PM   #5
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostknitter View Post
Well hey fellow knitter, fancy meeting you here. Are you also on Ravelry?
I've never heard of it, to be honest. What is it?
Advert
Old 02-12-2009, 08:57 PM   #6
lostknitter

It's hard to describe, it is an online community for people who knit, spin, crochet, most anything with fibre, with loads of patterns many free, forum boards (there is an ereader board) for most anything you can think of, places where you can shop, keep track of your stuff, get help, give help with 280,000+ members. I can't say enough good things about it. I have met so many great people through Ravelry. You might give it a look, and see what you think. Ravelry.com
Old 02-12-2009, 09:15 PM   #7
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
It's hard to describe, it is an online community for people who knit, spin, crochet, most anything with fibre, with loads of patterns many free, forum boards (there is an ereader board) for most anything you can think of, places where you can shop, keep track of your stuff, get help, give help with 280,000+ members. I can't say enough good things about it. I have met so many great people through Ravelry. You might give it a look, and see what you think. Ravelry.com
Ooh cool! I'll have to check it out. I'll admit though, I haven't been knitting as much lately (too busy reading!).
Old 02-12-2009, 09:36 PM   #8
wolfy170
wolfy170 began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader
Hi. I'm new too. Seems like a fine bunch.
wolfy170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:37 PM   #9
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy170 View Post
I don't know about fine...but we sure are fun

Welcome to the forum!
Old 02-12-2009, 09:59 PM   #10
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Hello everyone, I am new to the Mobileread boards, but have been learning a lot from reading them. I have a Kindle2 on order and look forward to all the book recommendations and great info provided here.
Hello, lostknitter, and welcome to MobileReader.

Be sure and download some of the books we have here......hand formatted by our own members, and I think you'll like them better than the free ones on amazon.

Enjoy!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 07:49 AM   #11
lostknitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Hello, lostknitter, and welcome to MobileReader.

Be sure and download some of the books we have here......hand formatted by our own members, and I think you'll like them better than the free ones on amazon.

Enjoy!
I will do that, I'm always looking for reading material. Thanks!
Old 02-13-2009, 08:01 AM   #12
lostknitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Ooh cool! I'll have to check it out. I'll admit though, I haven't been knitting as much lately (too busy reading!).
There are knitters of all levels there, from inexperienced to extremely experienced, some who knit on occasion and some who knit constantly. That is part of the beauty of Ravelry. It can be as much or as little as you want/need. Either way, it is an excellent source of information. I'm lostknitter there also, give me a holler if you find you want to join.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:04 AM   #13
lostknitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy170 View Post
Hi Wolfy, I've been lurking here for a little while, but this is a great place, so much information! And seems like a wonderful group.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:15 PM   #14
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I don't know about fine...but we sure are fun
Hey!

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote