Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-21-2011, 03:38 PM   #31
Luffier
Luffier began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
can anyone help me? why it returns "Permission denied" when I use "."?

Saludos.
Luffier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 05:37 PM   #32
dasmoover
Connoisseur
dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dasmoover is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kindle 3 WIFI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffier View Post
can anyone help me? why it returns "Permission denied" when I use "."?

Saludos.
Code:
chmod a+x myts.sh
sh myts.sh
dasmoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2011, 03:01 PM   #33
inameiname
Groupie
inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: none
For those interested, I threw together a little enhanced 'profile' file for myts. It is just a few aliases that might be useful, and that work on the Kindle, as well as a link to another file, a text file called about.txt', that runs upon startup of myts, and just lists the keyboard keys on the page. Easy peasy, and much better for me when I want to just hop on and off the terminal, but tire of having to check the "Back+LeftBack Key" all the time. I'll attach below.

In addition, if anybody uses the Midnight Commander File Browser, if you have that installed, you should be able to easily run in through myts via a simple alias (mc). Or, even better, uncomment 'mc' at the bottom of the 'profile' file and Midnight Commander will run automatically every time you run myts. Of course, only if you prefer that.
Attached Files
File Type: zip myts.zip (4.1 KB, 546 views)

Last edited by inameiname; 12-22-2011 at 03:24 PM.
inameiname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:20 PM   #34
daveagp
daveagp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG
Thanks Matan and dpavlin! Your terminal for DXG is the only one I could get to work properly. Now I am curious how you got 'man' pages on to your kindle
daveagp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 02:56 PM   #35
dpavlin
Connoisseur
dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.

Device: Kindle K3G and DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveagp View Post
Thanks Matan and dpavlin! Your terminal for DXG is the only one I could get to work properly. Now I am curious how you got 'man' pages on to your kindle
You can ssh over USB back into your computer (ssh over 3G doesn't work, but does work over wifi on Kindle 3). Another alternative is to have Debian armel in chroot or to extract correct parts from optware.
dpavlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2012, 06:17 AM   #36
astropeak
astropeak is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle 3
Smile how change font size by modify the source code

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matan View Post
Currently the character width is limited to 8 pixels. The function drawing the characters do not really have this limit, so the issue is only with the font reading function. I intend to fix it sometime, but it is not high in my priority, so patches are welcome.

Note also that you have to provide a font with the desired width and height. The hex format is not standard but the source code includes a bdf2hex script to convert bdf to hex.
Hi, Matan. I want using a larger font size and I viewed the source code. I wonder whether the init_font function in font.c is the font reading function? If so, can I just modify this function and the below two lines in launchpad.c to change font size?

Code:
    if(setVal(sec, "FontHeight", 'i', &lps->fontheight)) lps->fontheight=16;
    if(setVal(sec, "FontWidth", 'i', &lps->fontwidth)) lps->fontwidth=8;
Can you give me some tips? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by astropeak; 01-01-2012 at 06:28 AM. Reason: modify spell error
astropeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:55 AM   #37
Matan
Enthusiast
Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: none
It is not as simple as that. I added support for width up to 16, but it is not too well tested.
You can use it from here. The package includes a 10x20 font.

Another (not well tested) feature is support for non-latin characters input. This uses and extra modifier for language characters, configured to be the Sym key by default. The configuration keys LangSymbols and LangSymbols16 define the input of keys pressed with this modifier in 8 bit and 16 bit (UTF8) modes.

Source.
Matan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:51 AM   #38
astropeak

Smile

Quote:
It is not as simple as that. I added support for width up to 16, but it is not too well tested.

Another (not well tested) feature is support for non-latin characters input. This uses and extra modifier for language characters, configured to be the Sym key by default. The configuration keys LangSymbols and LangSymbols16 define the input of keys pressed with this modifier in 8 bit and 16 bit (UTF8) modes.

Source.
Thanks a lot! I will try it. it is really nice thing!
By the way, Can you include a more larger font, such as 16*32. 10*20 is still small for me^_^

Last edited by astropeak; 01-01-2012 at 08:58 AM. Reason: add sth
Old 01-01-2012, 11:50 AM   #39
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
10x20 looks WAY better!

For rhose who don't know what exactly to do to enable it:
Change these three lines in the myths.ini file:
Font = 10x20.hex
FontHeight = 20
FontWidth = 10
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:47 AM   #40
astropeak

Quote:

Source.

I created two fonts myself, 14x28 and 16x26. The two fonts are created by double each binary bit of the char bitmap of the font 7x14 and 8x13, and also each horizon line of the char bitmap is doubled.

but when using these font, the terminal can not be started. After I press the key "Shift T T", a message "success!" echoed on the bottom of the screen, but the terminal don't popup.

Is this font right? or the program's issue.
Attached Files
File Type: zip font.zip (21.3 KB, 389 views)

Last edited by astropeak; 01-02-2012 at 11:52 AM.
Old 01-02-2012, 02:41 PM   #41
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
If anyone care, I have modified about.txt
Quote:
Originally Posted by inameiname View Post
to document the full key mappings in version 7 of Matan's terminal:
Quote:
...Another (not well tested) feature is support for non-latin characters input. This uses and extra modifier for language characters, configured to be the Sym key by default. ...
Hoping it is accurate and usable.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	about.jpg
Views:	877
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	80708  
Attached Files
File Type: zip about.zip (711 Bytes, 475 views)
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:08 AM   #42
_temp_
_temp_ began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Working nice :)

The only terminal so far that worked Kindle 3g, 3.3 firmware, works like breeze.
How about Midnight Commander? I have been searching on forums but can not decide which one fits, and so far I had to make a few resets already - could anyone point me to a description as to how to get Midnight Commander on my 3g Kindle?
_temp_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:27 AM   #43
tvjohn
Connoisseur
tvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle 3, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by _temp_ View Post
The only terminal so far that worked Kindle 3g, 3.3 firmware, works like breeze.... - could anyone point me to a description as to how to get Midnight Commander on my 3g Kindle?
Yes, it's very useful.

I have mc installed on my K3:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...mmander&page=2

HTH
tvjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:33 AM   #44
vmonkey
vmonkey began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Is it possible to install apt-get or something similar?
vmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 06:09 AM   #45
_temp_
_temp_ began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmonkey View Post
Is it possible to install apt-get or something similar?
Yes, look around here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...hlight=optware

Success!
_temp_ is offline   Reply With Quote