Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-15-2012, 05:44 PM   #691
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
To Russian users: Russian localization of JBPatch was updated to 100% coverage.
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:36 AM   #692
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever
techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch hacked
@ixtab here is a suggestion. I don't like the progressbar occupying the screen all the time, soo.. could you make a button to hide the progress bar whenever I wanted and when I hide the progressbar could it be that text occupys the whole screen? if you don't want to do it then ignore this.
techiemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2012, 10:25 AM   #693
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by techiemonkey View Post
@ixtab here is a suggestion. I don't like the progressbar occupying the screen all the time, soo.. could you make a button to hide the progress bar whenever I wanted and when I hide the progressbar could it be that text occupys the whole screen? if you don't want to do it then ignore this.
And another "no" - As you noticed, these are two different patches. The margins patch can do what you want, but only with a restart in between.

Last edited by ixtab; 09-16-2012 at 10:29 AM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:30 AM   #694
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirl8 View Post
@ixtab

1. In another tread someone was asking about customizing the predefinite font sizes (those available via the Aa button). Could this be implemented via JBPatch? This could be definitely a nice hack!
I'm working on it - expect it in a week or two.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:25 PM   #695
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
get's excited
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2012, 04:32 PM   #696
ixtab
(offline)

Font Sizes patch... preview

Hehe... yeah, so I stated that it would be pretty much trivial - I was soooo wrong

Well, conceptually, it is. But practically, it had me banging my head against the wall for about a week - not because it's really difficult, but because the configuration is spread over 3 different files, which *all* have to be patched to make it work correctly.

So now I finally figured out which changes have to be made. And I'm only back at my previous statement: the configuration interface is the part that is really difficult to get right.

Anyway, here is a screenshot of the current development (= not finished) version:
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-09-20T19_31_35-0000.gif
Views:	466
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	92694
Old 09-20-2012, 04:43 PM   #697
puxxi2003
puxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to beholdpuxxi2003 is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kindle Touch & Tolino
looks very promessing

you are a master
really great work
puxxi2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:47 PM   #698
notimp
Addict
notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2i
It is a good sign, that I understand the patches logic from just locking at the screeshot once. It also is good, that ixtab is a dev that doesn't bother just puting in one enhanced configeration, but would actualy bother to write an interface that lets us custom make our own...
notimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:54 PM   #699
dukesilver
Connoisseur
dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dukesilver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
ixtab, how about this for a font settings interface?

Spoiler:
Kobo Glo
dukesilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:49 AM   #700
ixtab
(offline)

Version 2.4.0

So, here's a brand-new version...

There's not really much more to say except... the patch to modify reader font sizes is finished, and included in this version.

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-09-21T15_27_36-0000.gif
Views:	586
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	92725

PS: The "modify reader font size" patch will probably NOT work with custom localizations of the device - sorry. (yes, it will work with all of the officially supported languages for the Kindle).

PPS: as always, and it always goes unnoticed: a big THANK YOU to the translators, your work is very much appreciated!

Last edited by ixtab; 09-21-2012 at 12:10 PM.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:26 PM   #701
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Great! You are my hero!

What about a customization for interline? As suggestion, you can do the same as in font sizes or add more options to interline screen, best if those options are customizable via hack.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:46 PM   #702
yiming
Zealot
yiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle Touch, PW2, PW5
@ixtab

the latest font size patch works perfectly, thank you so much! and contrary to what you have expected, it also WORKS on non-officially supported languages. in my case - Chinese.

for this and other good works you've done, i'm going to buy you a beer

on the other hand, for the Customize Progress Indicator patch, the menu name for "progress within the currently read chapter", is it supposed to be in this cryptic form: "mode.desc.chapter"? or is it that mine is not displaying the name correctly?
yiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:48 PM   #703
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@ixtab: Awesome!

I second the line-height/interline request, if it's at all doable, I'll love you forever and ever ;D.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:05 PM   #704
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yiming View Post
@ixtab

the latest font size patch works perfectly, thank you so much! and contrary to what you have expected, it also WORKS on non-officially supported languages. in my case - Chinese.

for this and other good works you've done, i'm going to buy you a beer
A beer, at last!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yiming View Post
on the other hand, for the Customize Progress Indicator patch, the menu name for "progress within the currently read chapter", is it supposed to be in this cryptic form: "mode.desc.chapter"? or is it that mine is not displaying the name correctly?
This is a known issue, and it's documented right in the first post. Just reinstall the latest localization, and all will be good.

Last edited by ixtab; 09-21-2012 at 01:33 PM.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:17 PM   #705
notimp
Addict
notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2i
The thing is, you couldnt buy that kind of support. And you couldnt simply ask ask for it, because it doesnt fit into how amazon sees the product. Thank god for devs.

And donate if you can and havent already done so.
notimp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jbpatch, kindle touch hacks