Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-23-2011, 09:39 PM   #1
GJSmith
Connoisseur
GJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it is

Device: Kobo Vox
Micro SD ??

Ah so it seems there is the term micro sd and mini sd which appear to be the same thing.
Are they all the same physical shape/dimensions?
The last question being can we upgrade the internal to a 32g?
I can't seem to find the thread that was talking about it.
GJSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:49 PM   #2
GJSmith
Connoisseur
GJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it is

positive Screen comments

Today was a cloudless day where I live 4 hours north of Toronto. Sure it may not be a summer sun but it was darn hot on the face and very bright.
I sat outside and read for about an hour no problem... well had to turn the brightness to either half way or Auto. Inside I use it on lowest setting even during the day it is just so bright.
I will say it makes a nice mirror outside so you have to find the right angle sort of facing up and all is good.
I still have the protective cover on that it shipped with. I peeled it halfway back and the glass was still a mirror if held like you would read a book or look in a mirror. Amazed they can't use a kind of invisible glass like they have for art work that has almost zero reflection from it.
Sensitivity is amazing but I am not sure if it has to do with dry air here this time of year enhancing the charge from the skin or maybe just my energy
GJSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2011, 01:46 AM   #3
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
Mini SD is an older standard nobody uses anymore - it was like half the size of an SD card. Micro is smaller than the Mini SD... and if you're not looking for the white papers on both, I suggest Wikipedia.

As for the upgrade, people are plating with cloning the inside SD card, but I've yet to see word here that those experiments were successful.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:13 AM   #4
hieronymos
Groupie
hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.

We were throwing around ideas. Just need somebody to try :-) (Personally I'm not interested, because the whole system is lying on the internal SD and finding a 32GB SD with decent read speeds is $$)

(Oh, and we talked about it in the sticky hacking thread)

Last edited by hieronymos; 11-24-2011 at 10:11 AM.
hieronymos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 10:03 AM   #5
norm42
norm42 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox
I bought this for $20:

Patriot Signature 16GB Micro SDHC Class 4 Flash Card Model PSF16GMCSDHC43P

If you copy that string into google, you can find several places that sell the card. It works fine in the external slot.

I have loaded music and some videos which also play well. Download speed is reasonable from the pc, did not benchmark.

Norm
norm42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert