Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 07-13-2011, 06:09 PM   #1
ozofmoz
ozofmoz began at the beginning.

Device: Archos HT
Junk chars in splitted file names converting lit to epub

Well, I am trying to convert a lit to epub , and the language of the lit file has some special chars like I with a dot on it etc. After conversion I saw it stuck on my device and decided to dig some more. When explode the epub file, I have seen that the splitted file names are "corrupt" like

Necip Hablemito¦şlu-K+ûSTEBEK FETHULLAH+çI ¦-ST¦-HBARAT+çILAR DOSYASI_split_000.htm

while the content.opf includes

<item href="Necip Hablemitoğlu-KÖSTEBEK FETHULLAHÇI İSTİHBARATÇILAR DOSYASI_split_000.htm"............

As far as I understood the names for the splitted files are somehow retrieved from metadata of the lit file , and unfortunately I couldnt find a way to edit metadata of lit files yet.

I have tried to change code page for both cp1254 and to utf-8 with no luck

Is there any way to change the way of constructing name of main html file in the epub ? (as a workaround ,if you go from lit --> txt and then txt--> epub it is using index_split_001.html , since it does not take the "split file name" from metadata of lit , it uses default name, but not a way to go always)
ozofmoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:52 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Convert from LIT to MOBI and then convert the MOBI. That will preserve the formatting and workaround your issue.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2011, 02:53 AM   #3
ozofmoz
ozofmoz began at the beginning.

Device: Archos HT
Now they are fine.Tnx.
ozofmoz is offline   Reply With Quote