Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-19-2011, 08:51 AM   #1
hottiemae31
hottiemae31 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Smile New Kindle owner here, dont like the TTS Voice

Hello, just purchased my first e reader, ( kindle ) would like to change the TTS voice to a female urban voice. My wife is a avid reader of urban fiction and would like a voice that matches the type of books she reads. Can anyone help
hottiemae31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:52 AM   #2
hottiemae31
hottiemae31 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Kindle App for PC

does anyone know if you can add the TTS to the kindle app for pc?
hottiemae31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2011, 08:59 AM   #3
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Welcome to mobileread I'm not aware of any way that you can change the TTS voice on the Kindle from the default male and female choices you get. Unless someone has written a hack for that.

And Kindle for PC doesn't come with a Text to Speech function.
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 09:08 AM   #4
DMSmillie
Enquiring Mind
DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindle 3 (WiFi)
There's an "Accessibility" version of K4PC, currently available only for US customers, which, amongst other things, is optimised for use with screen reader software such as JAWS. But it doesn't have its own built-in speech engine.
DMSmillie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle, kindle 2, tts, voice