Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Old 05-17-2007, 01:46 PM   #16
EatingPie
Blueberry!
EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (RIP); PRS-600 (Good Riddance); PRS-505; PRS-650; PRS-350
Thanks for the pointer Harry! I'll whip something up.

-Pie
EatingPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 11:34 PM   #17
EatingPie
Blueberry!
EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Thumbs up Pielrf 2.0 - Unicode and New Library

New version pielrf 2.0.

See the first post to download.
- Use new pielrf python library.
- Support for Unicode (thanks to Lee Bigelow).
- Added HTML ampersand support in Title.
- Added 'textchapter' for headerstyle, which uses specified text on cmdline plus the chapter name
In terms of code, this is a huge revision. I created new book class, and broke most functions out into a new library. This actually gave me a slight optimization in the final LRF.

I had to make a slight change to pylrs, which will be installed automatically when you run "python setup.py install" (or will give you instructions on Windows).

Added an "--headerstyle=textchapter" option. If you provided the header text from the command line (--headertext="Some Text"), this new option will combine that text with the chapter name -- similar to the "titlechapter" option.

Thanks to Lee Bigelow
Unicode is now supported and automatically detected. This contribution is great, and handles books with different unicode types! Check Jane Eyre and Ten Days that Shook the World from Gutenberg.

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/16235/16235-8.zip

and

http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/3076

-Pie

Last edited by EatingPie; 05-19-2007 at 11:41 PM.
Advert
Old 05-20-2007, 09:22 PM   #18
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Pie, you may find this useful
http://docs.python.org/lib/module-htmlentitydefs.html
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 11:18 AM   #19
EatingPie
Blueberry!

Thanks Kovid! I'll try some code today and see if it might work for me.

-Pie
Old 05-21-2007, 12:50 PM   #20
EatingPie
Blueberry!

Pielrf 2.0.1 - Bug Fix and Regex Usage

New version pielrf 2.0.1.

- Minor bug fix in unicode encoding choice.
- Use regex to detect HTML tags.
That's about it. :-)

-Pie
Advert
Old 05-26-2007, 02:48 PM   #21
EatingPie
Blueberry!

Pielrf 2.0.2 for ConvertLit Users!

New version pielrf 2.0.2.

This is for users of ConvertLit.

I now inlude the "--strip-html" option to strip all unknown HTML tags from the input text file (known tags, like <i></i> are preserved).

I also provide a separate utility striphtml to produce a pre-stripped output file. ConvertLit tends to generate fairly complex HTML, so taking the unknown HTML out ahead of time makes it a lot easier to add "<chapter>" tags in the right place.
- Added "--strip-html" to remove unknown HTML.
- striphtml utility pre-strips unknown HTML for easier editing.
- Fixed explanation of "--baselineskip" option.
-Pie
Old 05-26-2007, 03:44 PM   #22
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Umm while I applaud your efforts, you can just pass the output html files through html2lrf and it will automatically detect metadata, chapters and create the LRF.
Old 05-27-2007, 01:44 AM   #23
EatingPie
Blueberry!

Oh, no doubt html2lrf is appropriate for use with ConvertLit. However, I often add features to pielrf that I personally find a need for -- this one came after I downlaoded a book from Fictionwise, and I ran ConvertLit on it. If the feature is uselful for me, I figure other users might want it too.

html2lrf and libprs500, are very well-represented on the forum, so I'm betting most people here know about them -- ConvertLit users in particular.

But variety is the spice of life, and there may be some users out there who would benefit from this feature in pielrf -- I sure did! -- so here it is.

-Pie
Old 05-28-2007, 02:44 PM   #24
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
I agree with Pie... it's always nice to have alternatives, especially when both are being actively developed.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 03:44 PM   #25
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Yeah but only if an alternative provides some different functionality. Otherwise it's just duplicated effort. Effort that would be more useful if directed into a single project.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:05 PM   #26
EatingPie
Blueberry!

I do not entirely agree with this sentiment, however I think further deliberation along these lines would be better served in the Developers' Forum, as it treads in to philosophies of development. My primary intent here is to announce and discuss features of pielrf as well as field potential feature requests for future versions.

-Pie
Old 05-31-2007, 06:40 PM   #27
EatingPie
Blueberry!

Arrow Version 2.0.3 - Indented Text

New version pielrf 2.0.3.

Support for indented text.
- Added indented text via the HTML <blockquote></blockquote> tags.
- Added "--quoteoffset" flag to control indent (default 40).
Note that the "--quoteoffset" is added to the side margin to create the indent. If you use "--quoteoffset=0" there will be no additional indentation (it will match non-indented text).

-Pie

Last edited by EatingPie; 05-31-2007 at 08:36 PM.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:57 AM   #28
Lime2K
Lime2K began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader (PRS-500)
Hey EatingPie,

The multiple "&lt;"s issue is still broken in 2.0.3. Here's the snippet from my textfile that is the problem

Quote:
<tabchar>&lt;&lt;THAT MAN MUST DIE.&gt;&gt;
<tabchar>&lt;NO NO STOP STOP STOP!!&gt; she screamed.
<tabchar>&lt;&lt;LEAVE ME!!&gt;&gt;
(replace <tabchar> with tabs, as they don't show up in HTML)

and here's the command used to compile it:

Quote:
pielrf -i /Users/lime2k/Documents/textfile.txt -o textfile.lrf -t "BookNameChanged" -a "AuthorNameChanged" --headertext "The Book Name" -b tab --without-toc
Also, I'd like to thank you for giving me a way to left-indent lines (--quoteoffset=0 + <blockquote>) even though I haven't had a chance to play with it yet ^_^.
Lime2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 02:43 PM   #29
EatingPie
Blueberry!

Ah... Oops! Thanks for the sample, that'll help!

Got a huge update coming, so I'll make sure this is part of it.

-Pie
Old 06-08-2007, 07:53 PM   #30
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
By the way, there is a problem with the pielrf 2.0.3 ZIP file under Windows. When using Windows Explorer with the ZIP file, it will not extract. I had to use my 4NT prompt and unzip to get it to extract. So for those command prompt challenged or no other utility to handle ZIP files, they won't be able to extract it.

Next issue.. where do I get pylrs 1.0.1?

Last edited by JSWolf; 06-08-2007 at 08:38 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote