Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-12-2008, 09:25 AM   #1
dhoyng
Tree Hugger
dhoyng began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
How do I remove sample books?

I got my new PRS-505 yesterday, and it's got a bunch of sample books on it that I'm not interested in. I tried to remove them by pressing the utilities button and then the delete button. I get a message on the screen to press something that looks like a little trash can???? I can't find that.

Any help on how to remove these?
dhoyng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:38 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The easiest way is to simply connect the PRS-505 to your PC using the USB cable, navigate to the external drive which the PRS-505 appear as, and delete the files from the drive.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2008, 09:41 AM   #3
dhoyng
Tree Hugger
dhoyng began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Thanks, I'll try that. I'm totally ignorant about my new toy, but excited to learn! I'm glad I found this forum.
dhoyng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:44 AM   #4
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhoyng View Post
I got my new PRS-505 yesterday, and it's got a bunch of sample books on it that I'm not interested in. I tried to remove them by pressing the utilities button and then the delete button. I get a message on the screen to press something that looks like a little trash can???? I can't find that.

Any help on how to remove these?
You gotta love how helpful Sony's icons are. They tell you to push the MARK button, and show you a trashcan. what you really need to press is the "bookmark" button, the one that shows a dog-eared page corner.
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote