Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-01-2014, 06:17 PM   #166
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
A Dremel Tool or other Rotary Tool with a thin cutoff wheel, works great for me. Light strokes let you deal with very thin shells without damaging what's beneath.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 02:35 AM   #167
tigran
Zealot
tigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Aura One,HD,H2O,Touch,Mini,Kindle 3+DXG,Nook Simple Touch
Well, here is one on eBay for just 99p:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/P4PM-30mm-...-/301018069642

I bought it for "future projects"...

No, Frenzie, I didn't even know that there is such a thing as "hole saw" until yesterday. I never needed to do DIY in my life (was always "a pure theorist", from school to University and then in real life also
tigran is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2014, 05:34 AM   #168
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Hm, are you sure that particular model is suited for wood and (soft) plastics? It looks more like the type you use on stone or glass or something. I suppose for that little money it doesn't matter much.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 12:11 PM   #169
tigran
Zealot
tigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

UPDATE: I now have 128GB in my Kobo Aura H2O: 64GB internal + 64GB external. I was quite surprised to discover that the external slot actually supports microSDXC cards.

Now, the next step is to try 128GB + 128GB = 256GB total. I will try that as soon as my 128GB cards arrive (hopefully tomorrow). Btw I got very cheap 128GB microSDXC (but from an official SanDisk retailer, so a fake is unlikely but I'll check it of course) here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371093783490
Old 12-04-2014, 07:56 AM   #170
tigran
Zealot

UPDATE: 128GB in the external slot is confirmed as working fine. This is the SANDISK card bought from the above URL (and I have verified it --- it is NOT fake!). I will also test to see if it can be used as internal storage.

Btw, Kobo Mini is working fine with 64GB internal microsd (SanDisk Ultra I)

Last edited by tigran; 12-05-2014 at 08:45 AM.
Advert
Old 12-19-2014, 11:49 AM   #171
svet110
svet110 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Hi,
following Tigran's message, I confrim that 128GB works fine as INTERNAL card on Kobo Aura HD, which apparently means that it shall also work on Glo. Noted few more seconds of white screen on boot.
svet110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 02:06 AM   #172
zhangsong88
zhangsong88 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch, Mini, Aura
Good instruction. Thank you!

Kobo Touch, 2G. Koreader. Freeze very often. Someone said replace internal microSD resolve it on a Mini. I did same thing, replace internal SD to 16G Sandisk class 10. Now it is running perfectly.
zhangsong88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 05:08 PM   #173
burnafterreading
Groupie
burnafterreading ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.burnafterreading ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.burnafterreading ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.burnafterreading ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.burnafterreading ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.burnafterreading ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.burnafterreading ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.burnafterreading ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.burnafterreading ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.burnafterreading ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.burnafterreading ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Arc7HD/10HD, smartphones
Question: on the Glo, does the external uSD get combined with the internal uSD card as far as the device is concerned? meaning, if i buy thousands of books all from Kobo's site (ignore the cost) that would not fit onto the internal card, so would the Glo simply span onto the external card as well? or is the external card only usable for sideloaded books?
burnafterreading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 05:14 PM   #174
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnafterreading View Post
Question: on the Glo, does the external uSD get combined with the internal uSD card as far as the device is concerned? meaning, if i buy thousands of books all from Kobo's site (ignore the cost) that would not fit onto the internal card, so would the Glo simply span onto the external card as well? or is the external card only usable for sideloaded books?
Yes and no.

The two cards are seen as two different drives when you connect the device to a computer, but if (and only if) the internal card is full, the Glo will store content on the external card.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 06:34 PM   #175
burnafterreading
Groupie
burnafterreading ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.burnafterreading ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.burnafterreading ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.burnafterreading ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.burnafterreading ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.burnafterreading ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.burnafterreading ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.burnafterreading ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.burnafterreading ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.burnafterreading ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.burnafterreading ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Arc7HD/10HD, smartphones
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
Yes and no.

The two cards are seen as two different drives when you connect the device to a computer, but if (and only if) the internal card is full, the Glo will store content on the external card.
perfect, thanks! i might leave my Glo alone in that case and simply slide in a 16G on the side later on. this swap procedure IS kind of cool to learn about though, if only for grabbing an image "just in case"

burnafterreading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 07:23 PM   #176
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Just for reference, the SD card is used for kepubs when the main memory is almost full. I did some experiments a while ago to test, but I don't remember exactly what space it was. I think it was at 100MB free. I think it is making sure there is enough space for updating the database during use and to download and unpack a firmware update.

Also, if you free the space, the kepubs are not moved back. But, any future downloads will go to the main memory.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 06:24 AM   #177
deviantus
deviantus began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Hi, I need sd card image for my kobo glo n613. I'll appreciate if someone send me. I didn't see any link for the image file. Thanks
deviantus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 06:39 AM   #178
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 08:16 AM   #179
deviantus
deviantus began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
PM sent.
Thank you so much.
deviantus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 03:42 PM   #180
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I've now joined the big league Replaced the internal SD card by an 8 GB one. WOOT
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
glo, glo memory upgrade mod, hack, increase, kobo, sdcard