Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-26-2010, 05:41 PM   #1
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
New 950 -- now for a cover??

I got the last 950 at my local Best Buy but, of course, no 950 covers.

I got a Neoprene Sleeve (for iPad) which will work for now but I want to know if the Sony 950 cover is more suitable.

Should I order a 950 cover or just use the Neoprene Sleeve?

Thanks!
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 05:43 PM   #2
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Do you want a light? I think a cover is your best bet and use the sleeve in addition for added protection when traveling.
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2010, 05:57 PM   #3
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post
Do you want a light? I think a cover is your best bet and use the sleeve in addition for added protection when traveling.
Jerry, No, I don't want a light. Is there a cover without a light?

Should I just get the Sony 950 cover?

Your idea of using both a cover and a sleeve is a good one...I hadn't thought of doing that.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:01 PM   #4
erasure25
Connoisseur
erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950; PRS-505
Forgive me if I have missed something, but I thought the 950 wasn't available until sometime in November? Are some people actually finding it available at certain stores? If so, where? And silver only? or other colors... thanks!
------

EDIT: Sorry, nevermind. I see that it is available at certain BB stores on their website.

Last edited by erasure25; 10-26-2010 at 06:03 PM.
erasure25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 06:35 PM   #5
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by petercreasey View Post
Jerry, No, I don't want a light. Is there a cover without a light?

Should I just get the Sony 950 cover?

Your idea of using both a cover and a sleeve is a good one...I hadn't thought of doing that.
Sony offers both a regular cover and a cover/light combo but are not shipping those until 14 novish.

JJ
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2010, 07:08 PM   #6
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
I believe the 950 is the close enough in size to one of the Kindle models (or is nook?), that an Oberon.com reader cover should work out well.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:45 PM   #7
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
I will get the Sony cover once it's available. I always liked the mounting method and the minimalist approach with their covers, but I'll probably hold off to see if they bring it out in more than black. I stopped in the local B&N thinking the 950 was so close to the nook in size that their covers might work, but no luck. They're just a little too narrow and a bit short.

What I've done in the interim is to take an old medium size moleskine notebook that I had laying around and cut out the inside journal (it was full and I was planning on tossing it since it's a few years old). I taped over the inside of the spine where I removed the journal and added a few velcro "dots" to the cover. The reader fits perfectly and this will be good enough until some additional options come on the market.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:26 PM   #8
petercreasey
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goodbar View Post
I will get the Sony cover once it's available. I always liked the mounting method
M, Will the 950 be mounted in the cover like the prior units?

Also, I've seen the 950 covers being offered on eBay. Are these not the correct covers for the 950?
Old 10-26-2010, 09:32 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If the 950 will not fit in the sleeve with the Sony cover, return the sleeve as it will be useless.

The cover is a lot more useful as it will protect the 950 more overall.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:59 PM   #10
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by petercreasey View Post
M, Will the 950 be mounted in the cover like the prior units?

Also, I've seen the 950 covers being offered on eBay. Are these not the correct covers for the 950?
Yes, it looks like the same mounting mechanism from what I can tell. I have not checked ebay yet, but they are still showing as pre-order on sony style and all the other web sites.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 03:49 PM   #11
mplkn
mplkn began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-950, PRS-900, PRS-600
The M-Edge Executive Case for the 900 fits the 950 - at least well enough for now (sorry for duplicate posting...)

Best wishes --
mplkn
mplkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:45 PM   #12
apheredia
apheredia began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-950
The M-Edge Latitude Case for nook works excellent, you can get it at best buy too. I also bought my daily edition 950 at best buy yesterday (the last one...)

Last edited by apheredia; 10-28-2010 at 12:48 PM.
apheredia is offline   Reply With Quote