Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-24-2012, 02:04 AM   #1
alex12ma
alex12ma began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Book disappeared from Kobo Store

A few days back at Kobo bookstore I have seen this book "The Horror Megapack: 25 Modern and classic Horror Stories" published by Wildside press. Yesterday when I wanted to buy it and searched for it I could see that it is not available. The same book is available at Amazon. I could see that other books in "Megapack" series are available but not this one. Is there any specific reason why is it so?. Have any of you encountered issue like this. As such it is not a serious issue since I can buy this book from either Amazon or Wildside press or Barnesandnoble, but it is annoying that you mark a book and then you actually wanted to buy,it is not there.
alex12ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 06:28 AM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I just checked and it is available from Kobo in the Canadian store for 95 cents.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:04 AM   #3
six58
six58 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
i think the same thing happened to me.
today i transferred the preview of The Handmaids Tale to my kobo. after reading the preview i decided to purchase it. doing it via the kobo came up with network error so i cancelled.
then i went to kobo.com and looked for the book in my library so i could purchase it there. but it was gone!

at the same time of this i had also resynced the reader to the kobo desktop in preparation to transfer the full book. i noted that on my desktop kobo in my 'previews' there was no mention of Handmaid so i checked the reader - it wasn't there anymore either! even though it was there, and i just read the preview, it is now completely gone! and the preview removed from my kobo.
i tried signing out in case of a glitch but Handmaid was still missing. i checked indigo which did have a listing and i asked it to transfer to my kobo region. alas it had the geographical error.
i'm really stumped how and why this happened!
six58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:23 AM   #4
alex12ma

book disappeared

Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
I just checked and it is available from Kobo in the Canadian store for 95 cents.
Yes..When I go to Kobo Canada site mentioned below and search

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/ebooks...ck&pageSize=12

The book is listed there. When I click that it is directed to www.kobobooks.com and it is listed with $0.99 price..Interesting..

But if I go directly to www.kobobooks.com and search it is not available..
Old 06-24-2012, 08:33 AM   #5
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
It is a search error then. I put the name of the book into Google appended with the word Kobo and went directly to the page.

Chapters-Indigo is not a Kobo site. They used to own a majority of Kobo, and presumably get an affiliate payout when people buy from Kobo through a link from their site.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:01 AM   #6
alex12ma

book disappeared

Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
It is a search error then. I put the name of the book into Google appended with the word Kobo and went directly to the page.

Chapters-Indigo is not a Kobo site. They used to own a majority of Kobo, and presumably get an affiliate payout when people buy from Kobo through a link from their site.
Yes.. I followed the steps you mentioned and was able to buy the book. Usually when I want to buy a book,I go to kobo website and give search terms at search box. Few days back I have given the term "megapack" and at that time I have seen this "horror megapack" book listed along with other "megapack" books but now it is not. It seems like a search error.