Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 05-12-2012, 01:27 AM   #1
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
do we need a games forum?

I've been slammed at work lately, missing out on a lot of stuff and come back to find the lounge awash with: "let's play...." threads. sure, possibly lounge material, but I would hate to see the lounge become drowned in this type of activity and dry up and blow away as people can't wade through the game sstuff
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 03:14 PM   #2
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Well I do avoid the lounge to avoid all the game stuff, it would be nice to separate the two because there are interesting discussions that go on in there.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:45 PM   #3
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
thanks for the feedback! that's kind of what I was wondering
Old 05-12-2012, 09:06 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
I think you have a great idea here, KK.......but thats just me.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:05 AM   #5
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I enjoy playing the games in the lounge. Separating them into their own forum could also make finding new games easier. Especially for new members.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:04 AM   #6
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Either way would be fine. Let the games begin!

Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:06 AM   #7
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
I think a games forum (or sub-forum) is a fantastic idea!!
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:42 PM   #8
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
I don't have an opinion if we need a special game (sub)forum or not.

I must admit that I have some difficulties with your argumentation. Only because you have so much to do at work and only because you don't like playing games here we should hide the games in a subforum and force all the gamblers to make at least one click more to open it?
But if the majority thinks that we could do very well with more order and organisation in the Lounge, that this is really an improvement, that this one click is not worth talking about it (it is not worth) and if Alex Turcic is impatiently waiting to have the opportunity to install another subforum, then I would say, let's improve it and thank you very much for bringing up this issue.

But as I've said, I don't know if the games in the Lounge really are a problem or not. And no offence meant in any way!
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 02:11 PM   #9
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_pheonix View Post
I enjoy playing the games in the lounge. Separating them into their own forum could also make finding new games easier. Especially for new members.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
I think a games forum (or sub-forum) is a fantastic idea!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
I don't have an opinion if we need a special game (sub)forum or not.

I must admit that I have some difficulties with your argumentation. Only because you have so much to do at work and only because you don't like playing games here we should hide the games in a subforum and force all the gamblers to make at least one click more to open it?
But if the majority thinks that we could do very well with more order and organisation in the Lounge, that this is really an improvement, that this one click is not worth talking about it (it is not worth) and if Alex Turcic is impatiently waiting to have the opportunity to install another subforum, then I would say, let's improve it and thank you very much for bringing up this issue.

But as I've said, I don't know if the games in the Lounge really are a problem or not. And no offence meant in any way!
Old 05-14-2012, 09:16 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
A games sub-forum of the lounge is a very good idea.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:59 AM   #11
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
MobileRead has an "Ignore thread" function. If any threads are irritating, you may place those threads on "Ignore" and you will no longer see them. This would make only those threads you are interested in viewing the only threads you would see when you visit the lounge or any other forum section.

Just go to each thread you wish to ignore
Click on "Thread Tools"
In the dropdown menu, choose "Ignore this thread"
Done.

Repeat for each thread you wish to ignore.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ignore thread.JPG
Views:	189
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	86478<-- click to enlarge
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:05 AM   #12
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ignore threads only work when looking at recent posts though, not browsing in individual sections. I have the whole lounge blocked so it's a nonissue for me but your suggestion won't really help the original suggestion.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:18 AM   #13
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF

I just tried this with a thread in the lounge. I clicked on ignore thread and when I went back into the lounge, the thread was no longer there. I took it off the ignore list and when I went back into the lounge it was there again.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:01 AM   #14
odiakkoh
Guru

I guess something changed then? It was only a month or two back when I tried it.