Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-18-2013, 06:24 AM   #25321
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Damn condo's internet provider... Spoiled by Japan's hyper-warp speed of 50MBS. This building gives me almost 1.5MBS except very early morning... Then I get almost 3MPS... Frankly I surprised that I was able to even connect right now!

I've been taking them, but internet speed is too slow to post 'em!
Right now the sun is getting ready to set behind Doi Suthep mountain with it's temple on the top... Makes for a nice view.....

There are quite a few tall buildings in this town, but they've recently put a ban on any new buildings over 8 stories, so there is no worry that my views will ever be blocked off. I can see all the way west to the mountain, and all the way east as far as the eye can see, looking over all of Chiang Mai. I can see luxury condo buildings interspersed with jungle greenery and ancient temples. Strange mix. I can look straight down and see water buffaloes, but 200 meters further on is a huge luxury hotel and shopping center. Bizarre combinations!

Tonight I'm going to try to hook into a better provider.

Stitchawl
Quite your belly aching, out here in small town USA all I have had for the past 7 or so years is DSL, which gets in the 2MBPs range with a good tail wind. I post photos and videos at full rez all the time. So stop being a baby, and post them.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:45 AM   #25322
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
My small town DSL connection (the only one available to me where I live) is 1.32 MBps for download and 0.31 MBps for upload.

Fresh coffee in my cup, as I try to wake up and get ready for work.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2013, 01:33 PM   #25323
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Here in Paradise, I have a choice of cable or DSL, and both have completely suckie upload speeds, though the download speed is decent (10-15 Mbps).

Today, starting off with my favourite "everyday" Keemun -- Peet's Lion Mountain Keemun.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:50 PM   #25324
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Tea #3. It's dark and rainy outside, and actually a bit chilly inside.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:59 PM   #25325
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Tea #3. It's dark and rainy outside, and actually a bit chilly inside.
Yup, all of that today. Not really rainy, just "unsettled". Showers keep coming through. But it's chilly. So, Lapsang Souchong in my cup.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2013, 08:18 PM   #25326
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Home again, home again, and drinking diet A&W root beer. I don't drink sodas, but this is really good. I haven't tasted it since I was little and lived at home.

Now, on to thinking about what to make for dinner later.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:04 PM   #25327
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
This old guitar taught me to sing a love song
It showed me how to laugh and how to cry
It introduced me to some friends of mine
And brightened up some days
It helped me make it through some lonely nights
Oh, what a friend to have on a cold and lonely night

This old guitar gave me my lovely lady
It opened up her eyes and ears to me
It brought us close together
I guess it broke her heart
It opened up the space for us to be
What a lovely place and a lovely space to be

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueu4W95Kcx0)

Good morning, everyone! Happy "It's Great to be Alive" Day!
I've just finished another wonderful meal from the vendor downstairs. I wonder what it was? But the tea I had with it was a Ceylon. At least that much I can name!

Because of the inability to even log on to my server, I figured I deserved a treat. So I went out and bought a new toy! I'm amazed at the sound it makes! It will give me something to do while waiting for pages to load... It's an exact copy of Martin's D-45, but without the Martin brand price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
Quite your belly aching, out here in small town USA all I have had for the past 7 or so years is DSL, which gets in the 2MBPs range with a good tail wind. I post photos and videos at full rez all the time. So stop being a baby, and post them.
For the past 5 years I've had 50MPS. I'm spoiled for life. And all I have is this little laptop screen that hasn't been color-corrected to use with my photo correction software... Have patience, dear. Remember, it's a virture.
(Ever wonder why 'hurry the f@ck up' isn't a virtue?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
My small town DSL connection (the only one available to me where I live) is 1.32 MBps for download and 0.31 MBps for upload.
I'd even settle for THAT if I could log in to my server after 11am... It's usually too busy to even get in!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:59 PM   #25328
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post

Fresh coffee in my cup, as I try to wake up and get ready for work.
Yeah... only 384k up load on a VERY good day. My prior address had cable with no caps.. in either direction. I do miss that, but I carry on...
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:47 PM   #25329
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm going to try not logging OUT today and see if that helps. I don't have any where to be until 12:30, so the computer will be on anyway. I always kept my desktop computer turned on 24/7, so why not the laptop? I have double cooling fans under it taking away the heat it makes. It will still be slow, but at least I'll be connected.

Stitchawl
Old 06-19-2013, 02:09 AM   #25330
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
dreams, another great avatar! Like it!

[coffee]
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:54 AM   #25331
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
Stitch, I had a mate with a D45. He could make it sound like bells. He imported guitars. He brought in 25 Washburns in 1979 and we sat down and picked the nicest sounding one for me. I haven't played it for ages. I think I'll start playing again.
I can do it over a cup of Twinings Earl Grey. I was startled to see in the supermarket today when all they usually have is Bushels or Billy Tea. They have a million tea bags to choose from but rarely anything that makes you go Arrrrh.

Arrrrrh.
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:59 AM   #25332
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Yellow Tea. Love the Yellow Tea.

Taking baby boy to the doctor. Three nights in a row he has cried so hard in his crib that he has started hypervenilating. This is not a good thing. The only way to comfort him is to hold him, he falls asleep, we put him in crib, he wakles up and cries. Rinse and repeat. I can normally get him to sleep soundly enough on me to put him in the crib but once he gets himself crying there seems to be little that we can do. The hypervenilating has me freaked out.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:13 AM   #25333
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Sitting in an internet cafe drinking 'Hilltribe' tea (Oolong) putting 10-baht coins into the machine so I can use the net. I tried leaving my computer on all day, which DID keep me logged into the server, but still too slow to connect to any page. Timed out before it got there. Later this afternoon I went to one of the major IT severs in town and signed up to have them connect to my condo. I've opted for the 13MPS plan to start. They have plans they 'say' that go all the way up to 50MPS, but that would on a really good day. I'm guessing that the 13MPS plan will give me between 7-10MBS as a general rule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
Stitch, I had a mate with a D45. He could make it sound like bells.
This guitar really is the 'Mother of Voices!" If my fingers didn't hurt so much I'd be playing on it right now!

Quote:
He imported guitars. He brought in 25 Washburns in 1979 and we sat down and picked the nicest sounding one for me. I haven't played it for ages. I think I'll start playing again.
I had a Washburn at one time too. They are really nice guitars! And do start playing again... but remember... only a few minutes a day for the first few weeks. Because of the move, I hadn't played in two months. Saturday night's playing, and last night's playing with my old group has two of my fingers almost bleeding... I'll be happy when they harden back up. Too soft to even hammer-on correctly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Taking baby boy to the doctor.
Hope everything is OK.

Stitchawl
Old 06-19-2013, 10:09 AM   #25334
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I am sure he is physically fine but we have to figure out this sleep thing. Hypervenilating because he is in his crib alone is not good. We don't know what to do so I think it best to get advice from someone who might. Hopefully. Please. My god I am thinking of Tylenol simply to get a good nights sleep and that is just not right.

More Yellow Tea
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:32 PM   #25335
dreams
It's about the umbrella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
dreams, another great avatar! Like it!

[coffee]
Thank you. It has a happy feeling to it, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
I am sure he is physically fine but we have to figure out this sleep thing. Hypervenilating because he is in his crib alone is not good. We don't know what to do so I think it best to get advice from someone who might. Hopefully. Please. My god I am thinking of Tylenol simply to get a good nights sleep and that is just not right.

More Yellow Tea
I wish you luck. It is so hard to figure out what is bothering them when they can't communicate clearly. Could it be an earache? Does he sleep flat or do you have the head of his bed elevated?

Morning sumatra coffee in my cup.

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?