Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-10-2010, 03:51 AM   #1
hartercross
hartercross began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Problem Uninstalling 6.10

I'm trying to upgrade to Calibre 6.44 from 6.10 on Windows XP. When I try to delete the C:\Program Files\calibre I get a message that I cannot delete calibre-parallel.exe, access is denied. How can I uninstall 6.10? Thanks.
hartercross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 07:37 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Sounds as if you still have Calibre processes running?

If necessary you can always use Task Manager to make sure they are all gone
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2010, 07:46 AM   #3
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by hartercross View Post
I'm trying to upgrade to Calibre 6.44 from 6.10 on Windows XP. When I try to delete the C:\Program Files\calibre I get a message that I cannot delete calibre-parallel.exe, access is denied. How can I uninstall 6.10? Thanks.
Right click on the calibre icon in the tray and choose "Quit". Calibre will run jobs in the background, even if you have closed the main GUI screen.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 03:02 PM   #4
hartercross
hartercross began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Thanks - problem solved and update completed.
hartercross is offline   Reply With Quote