Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 10-07-2011, 04:11 PM   #1
Neil
Addict
Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 6, iPad Air, Kindles HD 8, HD 10, Oasis 3, Scribe, PB Color
Second User Cannot Access Library?

Hi --
I have a Macintosh running the latest Lion system software. My wife is getting her own iPhone (4S) so I have setup a second user area for her. I thought it would be nice if we could also share my Calibre library of ebooks. So I moved my Calibre library to the /Users/Shared folder. When I run the Startup Wizard in my Calibre in my own user area I can easily change it to see where the library is and it works fine. But when I go to my wife's new user area and run her copy of Calibre (mine being quit) I can see and choose the Library in the Shared folder but I cannot continue. The two buttons at the bottom (GO BACK and CONTINUE) are both greyed out and all I can do is to close the dialog box and Calibre starts up with the empty, default library. I must be doing something wrong? Any ideas? (The Shared folder is working and setup OK as it is allowing me to transfer iTunes songs). Thanks!
-- Neil
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote