Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-19-2010, 04:41 PM   #1
Yirabeth
Yirabeth began at the beginning.

Device: eBookwise
Format of Series index when sending to device

I am stumped on how to get Calibre working for me in the manner I need I have done a search and didn't find a solution for me -- my search-fu has been known to be weak sometimes however so I apologize in advance if that's the case this time.

What I need to do is convert currently owned ebooks into ePub format for my new iPad. Ii'm using the iBooks reader. Since calibre is recommended by iPad reviewers, I'm attempting to use that.

I store my ebooks in folders named with the author name. Inside, the book files themselves are <series name/number> - <title> . There is no author name on the actual file. I have been able to get Calibre to import the books and pick up the series name and number (with a few glitches on the series index which I manually edited) by using this expression:

Code:
(?P<series>.+?)(?P<series_index>\d+) -(?P<title>[^_]+)
I copied this from the forum here, I don't truly understand the code myself. I manually bulk edited the author name in. So far so good.

However I am unable to convince Calibre to send the books to my iPad using that format. The best I can get is <title> - <author> and on the very far end of the line, <series> . No series index, and I really need that in there to read a series in order. The code as I have it thus far in that is:

Code:
{series}{series_index}{title}{authors}
Again, copied from here. But it's not working. Any advice on how to get the series index to show up on my iPad?

~Yira
Yirabeth is offline   Reply With Quote