Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-04-2012, 05:35 AM   #106
siberianread
siberianread began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
KTRotate_0.2.zip not installing

seaniko7's installer won't install well on my KT.. I've tried 4 times already but still not successful. Is it the only file that I need to install? Or do I have to jailbreak it first? My KT software version is 5.0.3 - w/ offers but I haven't been using wifi so there are still no advertisements on mine.. please help.. I'm really eager to have the landscape mode. Thanks
siberianread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 05:58 AM   #107
JustAMan
Groupie
JustAMan doesn't litterJustAMan doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Touch
Almost any update posted here requires Jailbreak. Or do you think Amazon had posted their keys to allow everybody sign update packages?
JustAMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2012, 06:14 AM   #108
siberianread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAMan View Post
Almost any update posted here requires Jailbreak. Or do you think Amazon had posted their keys to allow everybody sign update packages?
Mr. Wolf's mp3 file doesn't require jailbreaking.. maybe you're not aware
Old 02-04-2012, 06:52 AM   #109
victor_2203
Connoisseur
victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor_2203 View Post
I have installed the KTRotate_0.2 and everything seemed well. However, when I open a book with images (The Little Prince or the The Adventures of the Black Hand Gang for example), all the images are cutted in any view mode (portrait and landscape). I have checked with more books with images and the issue persist. Finally I have decided to unistall the hack and the images are shown complete again. Could this issue be fixed?
Could somebody check this issue please? The landscape view mode is very useful, but this issue makes it low functional with some books.
victor_2203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 07:21 AM   #110
siberianread

Quote:
Could somebody check this issue please? The landscape view mode is very useful, but this issue makes it low functional with some books.
How did you install yours?
Advert
Old 02-04-2012, 07:28 AM   #111
mr.w0lf
n00b
mr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by siberianread View Post
Mr. Wolf's mp3 file doesn't require jailbreaking.. maybe you're not aware
yeah, but does not work for 5.0.3, and will never again, as it would be re-opening a serious bug of the system :P

btw, to install the auto-rotate update, first you have to do JB (with tar.gz method), then you can install it.. remember to disconnect you kindle when rebooting, otherwise no pudate will be taken
mr.w0lf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 07:31 AM   #112
victor_2203
Connoisseur
victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.

Quote:
How did you install yours?
First of all I installed the yifanlu's GUI Launcher 1.0.1 (with the jailbreak in 5.0.3), and then I installed the seaniko7's KTRotate_0.2.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:46 AM   #113
yiming
Zealot
yiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle Touch, PW2, PW5
Quote:
i confirm, the pictures will be cut off in both portrait and landscape modes. looks like 5.0.1 MobiReader-impl.jar is not compatible with 5.0.3 firmware.

Last edited by yiming; 02-05-2012 at 02:37 AM.
yiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:39 AM   #114
victor_2203
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by yiming View Post
i confirm, the pictures will be cut off in both portrait and landscape modes. looks like 5.0.1 MobiReader-impl.jar is not compatible with 5.0.3 OS.
Exactly.

Moreover, I have another issue. I have lost my default spanish dictionary. When I try to use a dictionary as default, the kindle shows a message saying "Not dictionaries found, look in archived items", and I can't use any dictionary.
I have uninstalled the seaniko7's KTRotate_0.2, I restarted the Kindle and the dictionary is working again. I also have unistalled the yifanlu's GUI Launcher 1.0.1 and the Locale Settings Enabler with the spanish package. I don't know what's exactly the reason for this issue. I'm going to do more test because it could be any of these scripts. If somebody has experimented the same problems expose the issue for discard corrupt scripts please.

Last edited by victor_2203; 02-04-2012 at 11:56 AM.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:29 PM   #115
TomJeffries
TomJeffries began at the beginning.

I'm having trouble installing Landscape mode hack. I installed rotate-refresh.mp3 in the music folder as instructed. But, when I try to launch it, instead of buttons I get the following text: "<button type ="button", styles ="widt..." where the buttons should appear. I think it may have to do with the extensions folder mentioned in "3. Copy extensions inside it". Where exactly should the extensions folder be copied? I currently have it on the Kindle at the same level as the music folder. Any help would bee greatly appreciated..
TomJeffries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:43 PM   #116
siberianread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJeffries View Post
I'm having trouble installing Landscape mode hack. I installed rotate-refresh.mp3 in the music folder as instructed. But, when I try to launch it, instead of buttons I get the following text: "<button type ="button", styles ="widt..." where the buttons should appear. I think it may have to do with the extensions folder mentioned in "3. Copy extensions inside it". Where exactly should the extensions folder be copied? I currently have it on the Kindle at the same level as the music folder. Any help would bee greatly appreciated..
THAT'S PROBABLY BECAUSE YOUR SOFTWARE VERSION IS 5.0.3.. THE MP3 FILE NO LONGER WORKS FOR KINDLE WITH UPDATED VERSION
Old 02-05-2012, 06:55 AM   #117
victor_2203
Connoisseur

Quote:
Exactly.

Moreover, I have another issue. I have lost my default spanish dictionary. When I try to use a dictionary as default, the kindle shows a message saying "Not dictionaries found, look in archived items", and I can't use any dictionary.
I have uninstalled the seaniko7's KTRotate_0.2, I restarted the Kindle and the dictionary is working again. I also have unistalled the yifanlu's GUI Launcher 1.0.1 and the Locale Settings Enabler with the spanish package. I don't know what's exactly the reason for this issue. I'm going to do more test because it could be any of these scripts. If somebody has experimented the same problems expose the issue for discard corrupt scripts please.
Definetly, the seaniko7's KTRotate_0.2 causes another issue in my Kindle Touch. I have checked installing and uninstalling the different scrips and the KTRotate_0.2 makes unable to use a default dictionary.
In coclusion, in my case the KTRotate_0.2 makes the images are cutted and unable to use a default dictionary.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:43 AM   #118
TomJeffries
TomJeffries began at the beginning.

Thanks

Quote:
THAT'S PROBABLY BECAUSE YOUR SOFTWARE VERSION IS 5.0.3.. THE MP3 FILE NO LONGER WORKS FOR KINDLE WITH UPDATED VERSION

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately you are correct--I have 5.0.3. Is there anything you could suggest short of waiting for Amazon to fix the rotate PDF issue?
TomJeffries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:44 AM   #119
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
I've tried to change the MobiReader-impl.jar file. I've encountered both the problems (dictionary problem and image cut), but it seems to be random: once, I had only the dictionary problem, now, after having changed again the file, I have only the image problem.

BTW, none of them appear in the pdf reader!
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:15 AM   #120
JustAMan
Groupie
JustAMan doesn't litterJustAMan doesn't litter

That's because PDF reader isn't using MobiReader implementation There're different readers in the Kindle handling different files. That one affects .MOBI and .TXT files I think.
JustAMan is offline   Reply With Quote