Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-11-2013, 04:39 AM   #46
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Another freebie from Robert Zimmerman: Death Trance. #1 in his Alex and Maddy Phillips series. Originally published in paper in 1992 by William Morrow.

Quote:
With the help of his sister, Alex attempts to find the killer of the woman he loved. Using forensic hypnosis, they delve into Alex's past, reliving events and uncovering unseen clues. But as they approach the horrible truth, the events of the past catch up to the present, bringing both Alex and Maddy into very real danger.

Under the pen name of Robert Alexander, Zimmerman's novels include The New York Times bestseller, The Kitchen Boy, and his latest, When Dad Came Back As My Dog.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:20 AM   #47
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Free suspense anthology from StoneGate Ink: Intrigue

Quote:
16 Thriller writers from all over the world, come together in this collection of Suspense Stories. Award-winning and best-selling authors like Vincent Zandri, Aaron Patterson, Paul Levine, Robin Parrish, Dave Zeltserman, Estevan Vega and more.

Forward by award-winning author of VOLT, Alan Heathcock.

Dave Zeltserman: Old Wives' Tales
Aaron Patterson: The Craigslist Killer
Allan Leverone: Faces
Bri Clark: Caffe' Seduzione
Estevan Vega: Music Box
J.R. Chartrand: The Retrieval
Rebecca Carey Lyles: The Spirit of Christmas
Paul Levine: El Valiente
Peter Leavell: Christmas Time
K.C. Neal: Pre-IQ
Ray Ellis: "I"
Mark Maciejewski: The kindly Stop Cafe
Robin Parrish: Only One
Deborah Provenzale: Deadline
Vincent Zandri: Moonlight Mafia
Chris White: K: Phantasmagoria
Old 01-11-2013, 09:21 AM   #48
scottken
Addict
scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook color
Two Free noir books today 1/11/13 on amazon US by acclaimed ex-con Les Edgerton

Just Like That by Les Edgerton main UK
Les Edgerton’s buddy novel, JUST LIKE THAT, is based on an actual trip he took with an ex-prison cellmate under similar circumstances as protagonist Jake Mayes does in this narrative. The scenes in Pendleton are also based on true experiences he had while incarcerated. Approximately 85% of the novel is taken from real life.

Portions of JUST LIKE THAT have previously appeared as short stories in the literary magazines High Plains Literary Review, Murdaland, and Flatmancrooked. The story that appeared in High Plains was nominated for a Pushcart Prize and was selected for inclusion in Houghton-Mifflin’s “Best American Mystery Stories, 2001.”

As a note of possible interest, Cathy Johns, the P.R. Director and Assistant Warden of The Farm (the infamous Louisiana state prison at Angola) read this novel and told Edgerton that he'd captured the true spirit of the criminal mind better than anything she'd ever read.

Also free:
The Perfect Crime main UK
A bomb hooked to a banker’s back, a one-eyed busted-out former cop, hooker/biker bars on Airline Highway in New Orleans, drugs in the French Quarter, a 300-pound female bartender, an ex-con whose main goal in life is to have more expensive shoes than anyone else, a drug czar named Fidel Castro (a cousin of the more famous one in Cuba), money laundering schemes, and a criminal genius, who enjoys pulling his victim’s fingernails out with pliers and who did everything right in what should have been the perfect crime save for one tiny mistake—all assembled and put into motion by an author who was a real-life criminal and ex-con and was advised that if he didn’t publish this book but instead used it to create the perfect crime he’d make a lot more… This is what you get (and more) in Les Edgerton’s The Perfect Crime.

I had previously bought both of these books, and have read Just Like That, which is a terrific, rambling sort of road book about two ex-cons that built to a strong ending. I actually preferred it to Edgerton's The Bitch, which novelized a few of the same incidents. If you like noir fiction, I highly recommend these. I'm surprised to see them offered up for free.

Last edited by scottken; 01-11-2013 at 09:22 AM. Reason: formatting
scottken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:38 AM   #49
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleZora View Post
Free today on Amazon from New Pulp Press: The Disassembled Man by Nate Flexer

Just a quick note:

READ
This is one of the most perverted, twisted tales of madness that I have ever had the joy to read. It is majestically demented and hilariously funny. I very highly recommend this book if your mind is bent and twisted, as is mine.

DO NOT READ
Please do NOT read this book if you worry endlessly about whether or not your underwear is folded to the exact specifications that only you will follow. Or you ponder over what brand of peanut butter is the smoothest, your brow knit in consternation....we know your type...

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:27 PM   #50
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Just a quick note:

READ
This is one of the most perverted, twisted tales of madness that I have ever had the joy to read. It is majestically demented and hilariously funny. I very highly recommend this book if your mind is bent and twisted, as is mine.

DO NOT READ
Please do NOT read this book if you worry endlessly about whether or not your underwear is folded to the exact specifications that only you will follow. Or you ponder over what brand of peanut butter is the smoothest, your brow knit in consternation....we know your type...

Don
And what of those categories in between bent and twisted minds and perfectly folded underwear fetishes?????????
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:45 PM   #51
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Just a quick note:

READ

Don
Thanks! Just jumped to the top of my TBR list.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:39 PM   #52
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
And what of those categories in between bent and twisted minds and perfectly folded underwear fetishes?????????

Your spam burger is waiting for you!

Don
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	spam burger.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	99246  
Old 01-12-2013, 02:24 AM   #53
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Your spam burger is waiting for you! Don
Arsenic and old lace with the odd bit of crocodile steak - just the tic
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:17 AM   #54
scottken
Addict
scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook color
Repeat freebie today:

Dust Devils by Roger Smith free at Amazon Main Not currently showing free in UK
TO AVENGE WHAT HE LOVES, HE BECOMES WHAT HE HATES
Framed for murdering his family, South African journalist Robert Dell's only ally is his oldest enemy: his father, an ex-CIA hitman with one last shot at redemption. Hunting the real killer, father and son take a bloody road trip into the heart of darkness, uncovering a conspiracy reaching to the highest levels of the state.

PRAISE FOR ROGER SMITH

"Smith writes with the brutal beauty of an Elmore Leonard in a very bad mood. " THE WASHINGTON POST

"Smith has a unique ability to plunge readers into his nightmare visions." THE TIMES

"If you are a fan of George Pelecanos or Dennis Lehane, give Roger Smith a close look." BOOKPAGE

This was actually one of my favorite reads of 2012. A really great thriller reflecting how the horrible legacy of colonialism and apartheid is ravaging modern South Africa. Brutal, bloody, and thought-provoking.
scottken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:55 PM   #55
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Quote:
Just a quick note:

READ

DO NOT READ

Don
I may pick this up for the $5 just based off this alone.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:53 PM   #56
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post

Please check out the reviews on Amazon first, just to make certain it's a good one for you.

I ended up putting aside the other book I was reading, just so I could read this all the way through.

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-15-2013 at 10:40 AM.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:09 AM   #57
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
A Drop of the Hard Stuff by Lawrence Block, today's KDD at $1.99, is price matched at Barnes & Noble.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:30 PM   #58
NightBird
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
If you can wait it will probably be free again. New Pulp just goes through their whole catalog putting each up for free and then starting over again. This is at least the third time this one has been free.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:49 PM   #59
NightBird
Wizard

Free thriller from Medallion Press: Mark of the Devil by William Kerr. B&N

Quote:
Navy Special Warfare officer Matt Berkeley is on a new hunt. Under the seas off the coast of Florida, in a corpse-filled German U-boat, he finds a document lost for more than half a century, which leads him to the vaults of the German National Archives, an elderly widow and her horrifying memories of the Auschwitz death camp, and ultimately to the submarine's most guarded secret—a revelation that could forever disgrace the Catholic Church in the eyes of the world. Each mind-shattering twist plunges Berkeley further into a conspiracy littered with lies, betrayal, death, and the discovery of a single gold ingot bearing the mark of the devil.
Ian Rankin's second Rebus novel, Hide and Seek, is $3.99 from Simon & Schuster. B&N Kobo

Quote:
The second novel featuring Inspector John Rebus, available for the first time as an e-book and with an exclusive introduction by author Ian Rankin.

A junkie, dead in an Edinburgh squat, the body laid out with ritual precision. A girl with a past, running wild and running scared.

But who cares? These are the dregs, a squalid society of addicts and derelicts, people long since disconnected from a society that is preoccupied with the new businesses and the new homes bringing prosperity to a city concentrating on advertising its quality of life.

Only Detective Inspector John Rebus senses something evil, something too dangerous to ignore that has to be investigated and brought up into the light. Something that may prove to be very closely connected indeed to the bright new world above. It is an investigation that will find him not just trying to solve a crime but fighting for his life.
Paranormal mystery, Privy to Murder by Carol Shenold, is $.99 from Deadly Niche Press.

Quote:
Tali Cates was starting life over. Not that she had much choice. Her husband, disturbed by her admission of possessing a special gift of being able to see the dead, dropped her and their two children by the side of the road. Now she was back in her home town, living with her mother, starting a new business, wanting nothing more than a fresh start.

But murder gets in the way of her fresh start, making it more of a challenge then anyone deserves. Every where she turns, she’s making more enemies then friends and the trail of murder keeps following her. Until she learns to embrace her gifts and use them to find the killer, life in Love, Texas will continue to be Privy to Murder.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:06 PM   #60
NightBird
Wizard

Another Ian Rankin, The Black Book, is $3.79; $3.99 at B&N and Kobo.

Quote:
The fifth novel featuring Inspector John Rebus, available for the first time as an e-book and with an exclusive introduction by author Ian Rankin.

When the Central Hotel, a place of decidedly unsavory reputation, burned to the ground in a mysterious fire, the Edinburgh police were unable to disguise their delight. That is, until a body was found in the still-smoldering ashes, charred beyond all identification but with a bullet lodged in its skull. Now it's five years later and Inspector John Rebus is following any leads in a vicious off-duty ambush that has put one of his favorite junior officers into a coma.

A cheap black notebook belonging to the wounded policeman contains a cryptic allusion to the almost-forgotten blaze, but crucial pieces of the puzzle obstinately refuse to fall into place. What could young Detective Sergeant Brian Holmes have learned to render him such a threat that he must be silenced at all costs? "The past is important," Rebus hardly needs to remind himself, yet the secrets he persists in uncovering are buried in layer upon layer of sordid and evil lies.