Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 08:09 PM   #61
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool 2nd Gen Kindle Fire (the one for $159)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
That's the reason Kovid was forced to make no-subdirectories the default.
I know that was the reason. I just had to disable the test because when I connected the new Fire (the first time today) it locked up when trying to get a list of books (only 20 books). Or I gave up after 5 minutes at 65% job complete. I think I'd better wait till it is done being tested, I feel I'm inadequate for this task.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:21 PM   #62
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
I know that was the reason. I just had to disable the test because when I connected the new Fire (the first time today) it locked up when trying to get a list of books (only 20 books). Or I gave up after 5 minutes at 65% job complete. I think I'd better wait till it is done being tested, I feel I'm inadequate for this task.
The first time I connected my Nexus 7 it took over 8 minutes. It searches your entire device for books not just where you think the 20 books are. There might be manuals or items in your download folder that you would like to send to calibre. Searching your whole device will let you know what is there and if you wish you can send the book from the device view to calibre.

Once it has compiled that list the next time is much faster.
Advert
Old 09-18-2012, 09:36 PM   #63
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool 2nd Gen Kindle Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
The first time I connected my Nexus 7 it took over 8 minutes. It searches your entire device for books not just where you think the 20 books are. There might be manuals or items in your download folder that you would like to send to calibre. Searching your whole device will let you know what is there and if you wish you can send the book from the device view to calibre.

Once it has compiled that list the next time is much faster.
This wasn't the first time, just the first time today and it was smooth as silk yesterday, just that when I transferred books it placed them in an author's sub-directory and each book in a sub-directory in there. So I replaced the template string with one I found in the posts from Kovid. It then eliminated the second tier of sub-directories, but the Fire still wouldn't see them. So I put the template string back to the original. I read on the Fire all day today then when I decided to test it again it did what I reported earlier.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:05 PM   #64
jillmess
Enthusiast
jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Working nicely on my samsung galaxy tab 7.7

The only oddity is that if I have music playing on my tab this gets stopped whenever I send/delete books to/from the device from within calibre.

Jill
Old 09-18-2012, 11:17 PM   #65
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillmess View Post
The only oddity is that if I have music playing on my tab this gets stopped whenever I send/delete books to/from the device from within calibre.
calibre certainly isn't asking it to do that It's probably because that device doesn't support muti-tasking so when the MTP file transfer daemon is running other programs are paused.
Advert
Old 09-19-2012, 01:37 AM   #66
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
calibre certainly isn't asking it to do that It's probably because that device doesn't support muti-tasking so when the MTP file transfer daemon is running other programs are paused.
Android certainly supports multi-tasking.

My guess is that connecting via MTP stops all uses of "media" because the files might be overwritten. It would probably to the same thing if your were watching a video stored in a local file (not being streamed).
Old 09-19-2012, 02:43 AM   #67
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
My guess is that connecting via MTP stops all uses of "media" because the files might be overwritten. It would probably to the same thing if your were watching a video stored in a local file (not being streamed).
Odd, the whole point of MTP over USBMS is supposed to be that it allows the simultaneous use of the file system by both the device and the computer the device is connected to.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:49 AM   #68
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

calibre 0.8.70 released, with the MTP drivers no longer in beta (they are enabled without the use of the test_mtp_driver tweak).

Thanks to everyone that helped test the beta drivers.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:54 AM   #69
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
MTP driver released. Closing this (Testers needed) thread.
Closed Thread