Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 09-08-2011, 01:39 PM   #1
fenyullow
fenyullow began at the beginning.

Device: Android Tablet
Ebook library in cloud??

Is there a web/cloud application that allow to build own ebook library?

I looked at Google Books, Amazon Kindle ...... they only support their own ebook library. What I want is a central place where I can

1, Store my own ebook library, from Amazon, and any other source;
2, Upload my own ebooks, PDFs, Word documents etc - this is the biggest challenge;
3, Read them on my mobile device and online.

Is there such available or something similar?

Thanks
fenyullow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:31 PM   #2
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
Depending on what you use to read your books, one option might be Dropbox. I have all my ebooks in a Dropbox folder and can access them from my iPad anytime, anywhere.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2011, 09:23 PM   #3
BrowseTheStacks
BrowseTheStacks
BrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle 3 3G + WI-FI
Amazon Cloud Storage gives you 5gb of free storage with your account. This can be for any files. Should work with your requirements. Also Dropbox is highly recomended on MR.
BrowseTheStacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:04 AM   #4
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
SugarSync is another good choice as you also get 5Gb free to start with.

The Android app is pretty good too.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:36 AM   #5
crackhammer
Enthusiast
crackhammer began at the beginning.

Device: Nook touch, iPad, Xoom
If you have already grabbed 50gb from box.net then you can store your books there. It won't build library by itself but you may want to sync Calibre library with box.net using Joukuu (I have not tried it myself but planned). Only limitation will be files of size more than 25mb (and thats my problem, as the books I have scanned are >25mb in size)

If you are on iPad, you can use Bluefire reader. The manual says that it will import any book opened with Bluefire reader to its own library.
crackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert