Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 03-19-2010, 10:09 AM   #151
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
You're right: I took another look and that's an Author.

PHOTO BELOW: An Unknown Author promotes his work to an Author of "Respectable Importance."

If someone can identify this Unknown Author (the one with his mouth open), please don't hesitate to step forward.

Don
Yes, the one with his mouth hanging open and drooling is my husband. Did you hear that he wrote the story of his life? Yes indeed, you can getThe Days of Babylon - An Autobiography By A Former Stoner at Smashwords.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvico View Post
Exciting news (for me): I am featured as Suspense Magazine’s April 2010 New Author. Includes Q&A, book review and more.
That's just wonderful! I hope that my husband's book, The Days of Babylon: An Autobiography By A Former Stoner does as well also!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 10:15 AM   #152
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Did you hear about my husband's book?

My darling husband, Tim, who wrote The Days of Babylon: An Autobiography By A Former Stoner, is out right now selling his book. He had 2000 flyers made up and is at the moment planning the littering of the Galleria mall's parking lot by putting the flyers under windshield wipers.

Don't you love when people put flyers under windshield wipers?

So far, he has sold 9 copies!

His former boss bought a copy of his book at Smashwords, and he is furious about how he is portrayed! Actually, Tim went pretty easy on the little monster, IMHO.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 10:28 AM   #153
davidhburton
Addict
davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: none
You and your husband should be commended for your shamelessness! Brilliantly done!!
davidhburton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 01:05 PM   #154
ASparrow
Addict
ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
It's encouraging to know that many people here are feeling ashamed. That makes me feel better.

NOW: There's a whole lot of bargains and freebies out there, and they're not making it into this thread. Either these novels are being written by MONKEYS, or there's an AUTHOR behind them.

Which one is it going to be: Monkey or Author?

Don
Ahem. We happen to be a gymnasium full of chimpanzees banging away on keyboards. We tried for Macbeth, but got Xenolith instead.
ASparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 04:51 PM   #155
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook

Two days left (well, closer to a day
and a half) to get Boomerang for ninety-nine cents at Smashwords.

Coupon code HK56J

Boomerang at Smashwords

Five Star review at Smashwords:

Alan Hutcheson has written a wonderfully fun tale that will keep you reading all night. Ted and Jerry make a unique team on the hunt for a strange relic once owned by a super powerful Washington lawman; and if thats not enough they have a crossbow wielding albino after them to keep them from slowing down. The characters are weird and entertaining they will make you laugh. I can't wait for Alan's next book.
plumboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 07:50 PM   #156
alvico
Addict
alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Congratulations, Vicki!

What a fantastic happy chance she found you.

Thanks for posting your exciting news here.

It's nice to see authors take the time to encourage and support each other along with just having fun promoting their work.

Thin Blood is up on the list. (Hum, I'm going from apocalyptic fiction to Historical fiction, set in New Zealand, to mystery/thriller - this should be interesting. )
Thanks, Dreams.

That's an eclectic collection of books you have lined up there. Talk about broadening the mind. What's your preferred genre?
alvico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 07:54 PM   #157
alvico
Addict
alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumboz View Post
Vicki,

Well done and congratulations. I hope this results in many, many more readers for you.

And thanks for placing the news here. Just because it's shameless, doesn't mean it can't be true or significant. Promote your book wherever and whenever you can.

Best,
Alan
Thanks, Alan. It'll be interesting to see what happens from here on in.

Despite what some say, serendipity plays a big part in this business.

Good luck with your own writing endeavours. Plug away!
Old 03-19-2010, 08:00 PM   #158
alvico
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidhburton View Post
Wow!!! Another (poignant) 5 star review at Amazon!!
Wahoo!

What a great review. Makes me want to read it and I'm not a big fantasy reader!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidhburton View Post
Vicki, great work!! And welcome to the pit of shame and debasedness!
Thanks, David. Now that I'm here, am I stuck here for all eternity? Those pit walls look rather slippery.
Old 03-19-2010, 08:07 PM   #159
alvico
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASparrow View Post
Excellent! And well deserved.
Thank you!

Writing isn't the easiest gig... as you know.
Old 03-19-2010, 08:17 PM   #160
alvico
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
That's just wonderful! I hope that my husband's book, The Days of Babylon: An Autobiography By A Former Stoner does as well also!
Thanks, DixieGal. I hope your husband's book does well, too. Did you submit it to any publishers or have you gone straight to self-publishing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
My darling husband, Tim, who wrote The Days of Babylon: An Autobiography By A Former Stoner, is out right now selling his book. He had 2000 flyers made up and is at the moment planning the littering of the Galleria mall's parking lot by putting the flyers under windshield wipers.

Don't you love when people put flyers under windshield wipers?

So far, he has sold 9 copies!

His former boss bought a copy of his book at Smashwords, and he is furious about how he is portrayed! Actually, Tim went pretty easy on the little monster, IMHO.

Are they flyers promoting the ebook or have you also printed in hard copy?

I wish you and your husband every success.
Old 03-19-2010, 08:23 PM   #161
alvico
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoblightey View Post
The Resurrection of Deacon Shader is being offered FREE for 3 days on Smashwords. Please follow the link below and enter the coupon code: SD33X

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/9126
Derek, I'm surprised you haven't linked to the fantastic review on Ebook Alchemy. Archelle scored your book 4.999/5!!

Looks like I'll have to do it for you.

Everyone read this: http://ebookalchemy.wordpress.com/2010/03/11/dshader/

Last edited by alvico; 03-20-2010 at 12:45 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 03-19-2010, 08:36 PM   #162
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Thanks, Dreams.

That's an eclectic collection of books you have lined up there. Talk about broadening the mind. What's your preferred genre?
I use to read Latin American and Classic Literature or whatever you call it... I think I just posted about this somewhere... Yep, ... (copy and paste is my friend) Some favorites...

Isabel Allende Llona (The House of the Spirits - La casa de los espíritus)
Gabriel García Márquez (Cien años de soledad - One Hundred Years of Solitude)
John Steinbeck (Of Mice and Men, The Grapes of Wrath, Tortilla Flat)
Sandra Cisneros (The House on Mango Street)

Fun, light reading ..
Janet Evanovich (Stephanie Plum novels)
JD Robb ("In Death" series)
Lee Child (Jack Reacher books)
Jack Higgins
James Rollins (reading now - Doomsday Key)
Jack DuBrul (Philip Mercer books)

and lately, I've been mostly trying a lot of the indie authors on MR. I've been very surprised at the range of genres that I've found I like, just by reading these new-to-me authors.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 11:58 PM   #163
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Quote:
Derek, I'm surprised you haven't linked to the fantastic review on Ebook Alchemy. Archelle scored your book a score of 4.999/5!!

Looks like I'll have to do it for you.

Everyone read this: http://ebookalchemy.wordpress.com/2010/03/11/dshader/

He did read it, though! But yeah, everyone go ahead and read that link anyway. You heard the lady!!
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 12:49 AM   #164
alvico
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I use to read Latin American and Classic Literature or whatever you call it... I think I just posted about this somewhere... Yep, ... (copy and paste is my friend) Some favorites...

Isabel Allende Llona (The House of the Spirits - La casa de los espíritus)
Gabriel García Márquez (Cien años de soledad - One Hundred Years of Solitude)
John Steinbeck (Of Mice and Men, The Grapes of Wrath, Tortilla Flat)
Sandra Cisneros (The House on Mango Street)

Fun, light reading ..
Janet Evanovich (Stephanie Plum novels)
JD Robb ("In Death" series)
Lee Child (Jack Reacher books)
Jack Higgins
James Rollins (reading now - Doomsday Key)
Jack DuBrul (Philip Mercer books)

and lately, I've been mostly trying a lot of the indie authors on MR. I've been very surprised at the range of genres that I've found I like, just by reading these new-to-me authors.
Eclectic indeed.

I watched a TV interview with Isabel Allende a while back. Fascinating woman.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:12 AM   #165
Billjr13
Addict
Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 700 & 650
Vicki, this is great news. Huza Huza Huza Three cheers for Thin Blood.
Everyone should grab a copy. Great reading that leaves you wanting more.
Billjr13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2.99, a dead man's debt, aaron & keja, amazon, anthology, bloated goat, captain nothing, cj west, crime fiction, crowdfunding, ebook, ebooks, fantasy, finding books, free ebook, free ebook downloads, funny, giveaway, god, grace elliot, health, heir to the everlasting, hop, independent, indie, indie bestsellers, just doll, kdp, kickstarter, middle grade, nook, ratticus, sci-fi novel, science fiction, scifi, selfhelp, short story, soul, spirituality, staten bay trilogy, suspense, sweepstakes, uke, ukulele, website, witch book, writing, zombified buffalo